Sound staging in a Regular Cab

RyanRosier

The best thing to do would be to have the speakers first so you can wire them up to low power and play with positioning.

I see. Well I was planning to start this build by next week and have these all glassed up and finished and get me PPI's order twards then of march.. :(

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

You gotta slow down man, this takes time to get right.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

Does reading the online manual not always work?? :shok: Like if it lists the dimensions of the speaker cutout, depth, and trim ring size and depth and just all that stuff?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Does reading the online manual not always work?? :shok: Like if it lists the dimensions of the speaker cutout, depth, and trim ring size and depth and just all that stuff?

Easier with speakers in hands

I gotcha I gotcha, so do I need my SSD's in hand before I start work on the box..?

Dimensions are not always exactly as listed.

Even if they were you can't get the same feel for it without having the speakers in hand to play around with.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I just got these yesterday. Side project for wife's Malibu. Almost have a cardboard template finished, but this is close to the location i was thinking.

IMG_2573_zpsnamqdlyc.jpg

These are Focal 4" Component set. Kind of big, with a mounting depth of 2" +. This could be tricky.

IMG_2571_zpsfecgvppq.jpg

Those look really nice.

Thank you sir, you have taught me alot over the years. Been trying to apply it to the Malibu for a more SQ setup. Every time i do an upgrade the wifes loves the system more and more. I hope these will sound good. Running them passive off a P200-2.

No shit, I wouldn't do it until i had mine.

I gotcha I gotcha, so do I need my SSD's in hand before I start work on the box..?

I said "easier" not that you had to have it.we are trying to give you advice,and building a speaker box is totally different from glassing pillar's.

Archived