Jump to content

Sound staging in a Regular Cab


RyanRosier

Recommended Posts

Posted

The best thing to do would be to have the speakers first so you can wire them up to low power and play with positioning.

I see. Well I was planning to start this build by next week and have these all glassed up and finished and get me PPI's order twards then of march.. :(

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Posted

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

You gotta slow down man, this takes time to get right.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

You gotta slow down man, this takes time to get right.

Does reading the online manual not always work?? :shok: Like if it lists the dimensions of the speaker cutout, depth, and trim ring size and depth and just all that stuff?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Posted

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

You gotta slow down man, this takes time to get right.

Does reading the online manual not always work?? :shok: Like if it lists the dimensions of the speaker cutout, depth, and trim ring size and depth and just all that stuff?

Easier with speakers in hands

Posted

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

You gotta slow down man, this takes time to get right.

Does reading the online manual not always work?? :shok: Like if it lists the dimensions of the speaker cutout, depth, and trim ring size and depth and just all that stuff?

Easier with speakers in hands

I gotcha I gotcha, so do I need my SSD's in hand before I start work on the box..?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Posted

Dimensions are not always exactly as listed.

Even if they were you can't get the same feel for it without having the speakers in hand to play around with.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I just got these yesterday. Side project for wife's Malibu. Almost have a cardboard template finished, but this is close to the location i was thinking.

IMG_2573_zpsnamqdlyc.jpg

These are Focal 4" Component set. Kind of big, with a mounting depth of 2" +. This could be tricky.

IMG_2571_zpsfecgvppq.jpg

Those look really nice.

Thank you sir, you have taught me alot over the years. Been trying to apply it to the Malibu for a more SQ setup. Every time i do an upgrade the wifes loves the system more and more. I hope these will sound good. Running them passive off a P200-2.

Posted

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

You gotta slow down man, this takes time to get right.

Does reading the online manual not always work?? :shok: Like if it lists the dimensions of the speaker cutout, depth, and trim ring size and depth and just all that stuff?

Easier with speakers in hands

No shit, I wouldn't do it until i had mine.

Posted

That would be a bad idea, how would you even know that the pods were the proper dimensions without the speakers available for test fitting?

You gotta slow down man, this takes time to get right.

Does reading the online manual not always work?? :shok: Like if it lists the dimensions of the speaker cutout, depth, and trim ring size and depth and just all that stuff?
Easier with speakers in hands

I gotcha I gotcha, so do I need my SSD's in hand before I start work on the box..?

I said "easier" not that you had to have it.we are trying to give you advice,and building a speaker box is totally different from glassing pillar's.

Posted

Go to YouTube and search for "caraudiofabrication" Mark is really good at explaining steps in layman's terms, and he's also pretty talented too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1171 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...