Well as of now at least one other owner has experienced a similar multiple pairing . My main issue is still the lack of range when paired . I work in the farthest corner from the sitter in a 20k sq ft shop ,and I can wear my bluebuds to the bathroom . Hell I've even answered a call . My diamond box cuts out when it's sitting on my tool box ,and I walk around to trunk of the car I'm working on .

Id like Tony's input too. I've been thinking of biting the bullet and getting one, but I wonder why the Bluetooth signal might be weak. Maybe it's because of the thickness of the enclosure?

Edited by baron_of_bass

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Outside and my garage I have had no issues so far. I have never tested range in the house. Its usually just me or the wife in the office so issues

Id like Tony's input too. I've been thinking of biting the bullet and getting one, but I wonder why the Bluetooth signal might be weak. Maybe it's because of the thickness of the enclosure?

The general spec for Bluetooth is 10 meters (33 feet) We do some special things with ours to be able to surpass this. We typically see 50 - 60 feet in our office with walls and stuff, outside in the parking lot we see about 100 feet. This is streaming from a iPhone 6S+ in my hand.

The general spec for Bluetooth is 10 meters (33 feet) We do some special things with ours to be able to surpass this. We typically see 50 - 60 feet in our office with walls and stuff, outside in the parking lot we see about 100 feet. This is streaming from a iPhone 6S+ in my hand.

Thanks again boo ;)

• 3 years later...

I have the same "crappy" bluetooth range from my Diamondboxx L2. Same deal.....10-15 feet away, and if anybody walks between phone and speaker it cuts out. I also have 3 other bluetooth speakers (Aiwa Exos9, JBL Boombox, and Soundboks) and they all offer far greater range. My L2 is still under warranty (less than 2 years) and I shipped it back for repair/update. Strange that "under warranty", I had to pay shipping which was $75/FedEx. At this price point....I would not consider DiamondBoxx until bluetooth issues are resolved. For those wanting a kickass speaker....check out the new SoundBoks. It plays louder than my L2 and has more mid bass kick (with new app/firmware). I still would give the advantage to the DiamondBoxx for overall fidelity and smoothness....but after a few beers....I prefer punch and volume

On 3/17/2016 at 7:45 PM, TonyD'Amore said:

I posted earlier about my poor bluetooth with my L2. I recently sent it back to Diamondboxx for "warranty" repair and they quickly replaced the antenna to an upgraded version. Great customer service!!! I hope they can fix the BT range issue....because the Diamondboxx is the best sounding bluetooth speaker I have listened to. I'll post here if the range issue is fixed. At around $900...the only competition is the (new) Soundboxx. It does play louder than the L2, has much better bluetooth range......but is not up to the SQ of my L2. I am seriously wanting to purchase the XL2.....but need to confirm the bluetooth performance.