X-over points. What do you think?

Things are a bit different wth the AudioControl 6XS, it doesn't have your traditional "knob dial" to adjust your frequencies. It uses "crossover modules". The fact that this is a passive setup makes things easier and more difficult at the same time.

Yep. I considered one a while back, but the module thing is annoying to me LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

4 inch midwoofers? Do a 4 inch mid and crossover at 150. Look at the HERTZ mp70.3 OR THE ml700.3

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

4 inch midwoofers? Do a 4 inch mid and crossover at 150. Look at the HERTZ mp70.3 OR THE ml700.3

I already have the cdt's. I wanted something slim so that the pillar doesn't look to ridiculous. Im going to cross them over at 300hz

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

15 Hz to 50 Hz for the bass? Hum...

Let your sub play from 80-100 Hz and lower.

Why would you use your SSF at 15 Hz ?!!! Human can't hear under 20 Hz usually.

Set the SSF a few Herz under the port tuning. Or at 25 Hz if you're running a big (for your sub) sealed box.

I can't see your 6.5" speakers plays that low : I would try 80 Hz for the HPF.

and a much higher crossover point for the smaller speakers.

Good luck.

why set it at 15hz? because even if you can not hear it you your body can notice the "Presence" of those frequencies I have tweeters that go to 40,000hz and you can tell the difference from tweeters that roll off at 20,000hz even tho I can not hear above 20k

Adults can't hear above 16K Hz, but you can feel much more above ? I've never tried that.

Don't you think this was coming from the tweeter itself : much better quality ?

I would not want my sub to play 15 Hz with my enclosure tuned to 33 Hz. I don't know if it can handle it,

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Set the SSF a few Herz under the port tuning. Or at 25 Hz if you're running a big (for your sub) sealed box.

Good luck.

why set it at 15hz? because even if you can not hear it you your body can notice the "Presence" of those frequencies I have tweeters that go to 40,000hz and you can tell the difference from tweeters that roll off at 20,000hz even tho I can not hear above 20k

Adults can't hear above 16K Hz, but you can feel much more above ? I've never tried that.

I would not want my sub to play 15 Hz with my enclosure tuned to 33 Hz. I don't know if it can handle it,

I'm not tuning to 33hz though

I'd like to tune to 28-30hz

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Good luck.

Tweeters with dome materials that roll off at higher frequencies sound a lot cleaner and clear than one that rolls of before. B&W tried a diamond dome tweeter, thinking, we can only hear up to 20k hz, so why would it matter if this tweeter rolls off at 80k hz. Shit sounds fucking amazing.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm