X-over points. What do you think?

So I'm doing a build in which l be using a 3 way crossover: AudioControl 6XS. FYI: This is not an active set-up. I'm thinking of using these crossover points, does anybody see anything wrong with the xover points below:

4" comps 100hz and up

6.5" comps 50hz and up

And the woofers will be 2 Fi fully loaded Q's I was thing of setting the xover point from 15hz to 50hz

Below are the specs for the components.

C711032E-08DD-4896-B54F-D8F1C5E74A09.png

6B0846B1-4BDD-490A-BD3F-5DA9715FC629.png

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I wouldn't run that 4" @ 100hz. Seems a bit low to me. More like 250-300 as a starting point. But thats me. Just trial and error i guess. I had a pair of CDT 6.5 midbass driver that claimed it could play down to 40hz but it didnt like 60-70 hz very much. Played ok in the 80-100hax well.

I wouldn't run that 4" @ 100hz. Seems a bit low to me. More like 250-300 as a starting point. But thats me. Just trial and error i guess. I had a pair of CDT 6.5 midbass driver that claimed it could play down to 40hz but it didnt like 60-70 hz very much. Played ok in the 80-100hax well.

I was a little skeptical on their claim of a 100hz freq response.

What about all the other 6.5s and subs?

Btw, Thanks for the info!

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

http://education.lenardaudio.com/en/06_x-over.html

Xover basics easy read to ..... read all tabs and this is a great base line to start

it has the ranges you should be in for the size of speakers you are using

again this is just a starting point as every environment is different and needs fine tuning

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

15 Hz to 50 Hz for the bass? Hum...

Let your sub play from 80-100 Hz and lower.

Why would you use your SSF at 15 Hz ?!!! Human can't hear under 20 Hz usually.

Set the SSF a few Herz under the port tuning. Or at 25 Hz if you're running a big (for your sub) sealed box.

I can't see your 6.5" speakers plays that low : I would try 80 Hz for the HPF.

and a much higher crossover point for the smaller speakers.

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Things are a bit different wth the AudioControl 6XS, it doesn't have your traditional "knob dial" to adjust your frequencies. It uses "crossover modules". The fact that this is a passive setup makes things easier and more difficult at the same time.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

15 Hz to 50 Hz for the bass? Hum...

Let your sub play from 80-100 Hz and lower.

Why would you use your SSF at 15 Hz ?!!! Human can't hear under 20 Hz usually.

Set the SSF a few Herz under the port tuning. Or at 25 Hz if you're running a big (for your sub) sealed box.

I can't see your 6.5" speakers plays that low : I would try 80 Hz for the HPF.

and a much higher crossover point for the smaller speakers.

Good luck.

why set it at 15hz? because even if you can not hear it you your body can notice the "Presence" of those frequencies I have tweeters that go to 40,000hz and you can tell the difference from tweeters that roll off at 20,000hz even tho I can not hear above 20k

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived