Second Skin Audio

applying damp/damp pro in cold weather.

So it's looking like it's not going to warm up here anytime soon and I'm wanting to start working on my install anyways and was wondering what tips you guys have for installing the damp/damp pro in cold weather?

I have a heat gun so I was thinking I could heat the metal and the damp before applying the damp, thoughts on that?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wait. It's supposed to at get up to the 50's next weekend. I think it was only like 50's-60's when I did mine but I set the open box out in the sun and pulled a sheet out at a time so they were nice and bendy when applying. By the time I got a sheet on the next one was warmed up, makes them a lot softer and easier to work with.

If it is cool out but sunny, it helps to lay out the sheets either on the hood/roof of your car, or on black top. Let it sit in the sun for 15-20 min and it should warm up a good amount.

also, make sure you clean the metal with alcohol really well so its a clean surface.

But if you think it will be in the 50's within a week, I would wait.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

What's 35 degrees feel like? Jesus Christ I can't imagine that being the high here in SoCal.

It feels like a nice spring day here in Michigan lol, it's shorts and a hoodie weather.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If it is cool out but sunny, it helps to lay out the sheets either on the hood/roof of your car, or on black top. Let it sit in the sun for 15-20 min and it should warm up a good amount.

also, make sure you clean the metal with alcohol really well so its a clean surface.

But if you think it will be in the 50's within a week, I would wait.

Forecast is mid 40's to low 50's for next weekend so not really not much warmer.