Sundown Audio

sound quality differences between mono amps

VDub916

Is the signal required balanced or unbalanced? Balanced like what pro sound equipment uses and the only thing twisted pair is good for?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

To address the high low input confusion, jl used a high low switch on the rca in, low is up to 2v, high is 2-8v.

With the type of rca ins they used, ground loop is less likely. My suspicion is the amp doesn't like the ground.

Leave it to JL to add confusion to something so simple...thanks for the clarification though!

The reason for that is to have a better gain control.

Why is it confusing? Read the manual and everything will be clear.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

It's only confusing because hi/low usually means something different. I don't have the amp to read the manual. It confused 2 people, so it's obviously confusing.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It's only confusing because hi/low usually means something different. I don't have the amp to read the manual. It confused 2 people, so it's obviously confusing.

That's why it's important to read the manual, people keep missing this step and ask questions that are answered in the manual.

And if you knew the amp you would see that there is no conventional hi input, just RCA's.

Maybe we shouldn't answer if we don't know the answer? Assumption is the mother of f*ckups.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The high low confusion is exactly why I read the owners manual! This amp already sounds much better than my previous, much deeper and smoother sounding.

I'm going to pick up a new set of rca's and a ground loop isolator just in case.

The ground I'm using is 0 gauge crimped to a copper lug that is the bolted to the car. Both of my amps go to a "T" block and get grounded there. I thkught this might be a problem so I decided to ground the jl at a seperate location. With no power wire even connected to the jl, as soon as I touch the ground to the car I get buzzing.

I have never used those jl but I've read a lot about them. I know they use power and rca stages that most amps dont. I found another forum thread about the same issue but they never did post if it was fixed. Exact same problem with the noise thru the front stage when the jl sub amp was hooked up.

Archived