Second Skin Audio

Inverting Subs?

The sub moves the same both ways.... it doesn't matter how you do it as long as all cones are moving the same. You are still using the enclosure, just because the motor is out of the box doesn't change anything in regaurds to the box

Correct!!

logan just invert mount the subs, and try it out yourself.....you will hear no difference...no need to make a thread with something this simple to do

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

as far as Ive experienced the quality of bass was quite lacking and I actually seen a sub unload from inverting with out swithching the "phase" but yeah give it a try if it works for ya good if not OOPS! :o

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

i made this thread cause i wanted to do it but not fuck anything up and people here have more info on this subject than i do

i did it and was bumpin for about 30 minutes....i might change them back, its no louder, but looks purty seein the moter and all

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i made this thread cause i wanted to do it but not fuck anything up and people here have more info on this subject than i do

i did it and was bumpin for about 30 minutes....i might change them back, its no louder, but looks purty seein the moter and all

Leave it then.

Purty motor's FTW!

well we need some real advice

inverting gives more airspace, which raises tuning and increases internal volume

this can account for a louder response

Sag Effect

Percentage of Sag = 24,849 / ( Xmax * Fs²)

where

- 24,849 is a constant value based on the relationship of acceleration due to gravity and Pi.

- Xmax is the maximum linear excursion of a loudspeaker voice coil while remaining within the magnetic flux field (mm).

- Fs is the free-air resonant frequency of the woofer (Hz).

As a general rule of thumb, any time the sag exceeds 5% of the driver's Xmax, it's not recommended for a down-firing subwoofer application.

u have to take into effect the sag effect... the sub was tested on a klippel scale where an instrument atttaches to the front/cone, so all t/s parameters are based on that

sd can change because the back of the cone doesnt have a "boob" sometimes like on FI subs, this reduces sd

all of these things change the way it sounds.... some people gain, some dont, i will invert but only horizontal, not vertical like ur trying to do because then sag isnt taken into effect

hairtricks arent done by small changes like that

and it wont unload differently, it will just go in instead of when it is suppose to go out, which sometimes makes the bass sound like it is .5 second behind the rest of the music

change the phase on amp, not the wires to amp, much easier

hope that helps

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

and it wont unload differently, it will just go in instead of when it is suppose to go out, which sometimes makes the bass sound like it is .5 second behind the rest of the music

change the phase on amp, not the wires to amp, much easier

hope that helps

And if the amp doesn't have a phase switch?

Inverting the subs is retarded unless you are just haveing the subs for show and thats it and not use them. You hear mechanical noise and I just think its not right. You might as well try eating your hamburger not bun, patty bun, but patty bun bun lol. Just think its freakin retarded.

actually in some applications the sub will blend better out of phase in relation to the front speakers.

In my truck...its really weird. With the sub wired in phase the bass is weak...after flipping the sub out of phase with the fronts the bass is A LOT louder. I don't know why. I guess its the loading environment w.r.t. the enclosure.