Sonic Electronix

Headunit Heat sink insanely hot!

so i just installed my headunit today and already having fucking problems. First I have the tahoe with bose system so with my headunit:http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_106955_JVC-KW-R925BTS.html i had to buy this adapter:http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68044_PAC-RadioPro-RP4-GM11.html that is supposedly supposed to make the 1 ohm bose speakers not burn up my headunit. Got everything wired up together and installed and i can barely turn up the volume without getting insane distortion and my headunit heatsink becoming burning hot within 15 seconds. What the fuck is wrong?

Grab a multimeter and test the resistance pf the speaker leads.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Does that interface have an option for choosing whether you have the non amplified system or amplified (Bose) system? Like a different spot to plug the harness in for either?

I ask because I use the PAC OS-2X in my 03 Tahoe with factory Bose (before I took bose out) and if I plug the vehicle harness into the amplified side like I'm supposed to, it gets distorted really early, even though I know my hi-level speaker outs on the 80prs don't distort until 52/60 via DD-1. But if I plug it into the non standard side, I don't ever get any distortion.

I would call Sonic or maybe the company that made the adapter.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

That does not change the ohm load your H/U sees, so it will get really hot if the impedance is too low for it.

Pretty much sounds like you'll want to upgrade your speakers from the bose system.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived