XS Power XS15K VS XS Power XS30K

Good stuff guys. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So glad this wasnt posted in the XS section.

But ive seen a LOT of bad about the XS Lithiums.. mainly bad, in person as well.

What Ive gathered is that if you want to go Lithium, look into JY Power.... Or Juicebox if you dont mind the lack of passive balancing.

and what bad things would those be?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So glad this wasnt posted in the XS section.

But ive seen a LOT of bad about the XS Lithiums.. mainly bad, in person as well.

What Ive gathered is that if you want to go Lithium, look into JY Power.... Or Juicebox if you dont mind the lack of passive balancing.

and what bad things would those be?
Lithium technology has a flat output curve, down into the 10s. The issue from what Ive seen is that people cant seem to maintain "decent" voltage with XS. Like, its a pretty rough drop. Competing companies' lithiums however... well.. seem to maintain voltage better. One team mate has the XS15k that we were playing and testing with. Another team mate has other Lithiums, but thats a diff story.

Eh, just an observation.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Part of that reason is most likely due to XS using Lithium ION batteries while the other are Lifepo4.

Both types of cells have a rather different output curve to them.

They are 2 different battery types like a flooded wet cell battery and an agm.

XS power states on their site that they are not recommended in daily use without a bunch of precautions.

Im not sure why they are using that and not Lifepo4, but I wouldn't trust that in my daily driven vehicle by any means because they are no where near as safe as a Lifepo4 lithium cell.

Swear I said this already in the other Lithium battery thread though.

That being said I still dont trust any lithium in my vehicle.

At least XS Powers batteries look presentable and are not going to have plexiglass cases falling apart like another company.

ok guys thanks for input, ShowtimeElectronics is having a 15% off XS power AGM's so I think I will just get another row of AGM style. thanks.

now to figure out if 8 is enough or if I can fit a row of 10.......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

• 10 months later...
On 5/4/2016 at 3:04 PM, audiofanaticz said:

Part of that reason is most likely due to XS using Lithium ION batteries while the other are Lifepo4.

Both types of cells have a rather different output curve to them.

They are 2 different battery types like a flooded wet cell battery and an agm.

XS power states on their site that they are not recommended in daily use without a bunch of precautions.

Im not sure why they are using that and not Lifepo4, but I wouldn't trust that in my daily driven vehicle by any means because they are no where near as safe as a Lifepo4 lithium cell.

Swear I said this already in the other Lithium battery thread though.

That being said I still dont trust any lithium in my vehicle.

At least XS Powers batteries look presentable and are not going to have plexiglass cases falling apart like another company.

Is this still true about the lithium xs15k? I couldnt find any precautions about daily use. I see the "SPL only"  models, is that the ones youre talking about? 

Good thread guys no bashing and I learned a lot .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

The XS Lithiums are LifePo4 cells, they dont clarify that anywhere but Scottie had said they are.

Why its not being advertised is beyond me, becasue that is a selling point other manufactures are using against XS Power and saying not to buy them because they are not LifePo4.

I was wrong with that but couldn't find any information anywhere on the cell types.

I have no idea what the precautions are, that would be something to email them and ask them about. I just know what their site had said.

Towards the bottom of the first paragraph it states that when talking about the 15k and 30k (non spl lithiums).

http://4xspower.com/tag/lithium-batteries/

1 hour ago, audiofanaticz said:

The XS Lithiums are LifePo4 cells, they dont clarify that anywhere but Scottie had said they are.

Why its not being advertised is beyond me, becasue that is a selling point other manufactures are using against XS Power and saying not to buy them because they are not LifePo4.

I was wrong with that but couldn't find any information anywhere on the cell types.

I have no idea what the precautions are, that would be something to email them and ask them about. I just know what their site had said.

Towards the bottom of the first paragraph it states that when talking about the 15k and 30k (non spl lithiums).

http://4xspower.com/tag/lithium-batteries/

That last statement they make about not recommending daily lith batts, seems to me that theyre saying becareful of the other companies that dont have electronic management, and to be sure u ask those companies the right questions before you buy.I could be wrong tho, i was just thinkin about goin the lith route and came across this thread when i searched. Tryna keep the equipment weight down as much as i can. 

Archived