rfbasshead Posted May 18, 2016 Author Report Posted May 18, 2016 I don't make a ton but I make above median household income for my area. Things I've learned... Work your job even if it sucks, employers like people who stick around more than a few months. Grab opportunity by the horn when it comes knocking, it may not come again. Women can potentially set you back a decade or more when it comes to your hobbies. Add children and you're in deep. I've currently have a modest 35k in my bank and I'm still pacing my stereo build to orders every payday. It's easier to drain your bank than to refill it. In most cases I always limit my purchases to $100-500. I break those rules occasionally for things I have to have to finish a project but don't make it a habit. Finally, at age 25 I was broke as a joke and I used swap meet style stereo equipment and used stuff I traded for. Now that I've gotten comfort in my finances I've allowed myself high end brand new stuff. Age brings wisdom I lacked at 25, wisdom to keep me from frying high end equipment. This is pretty much where I'm at right now. What did you do change in your life? Also thank you for all the replies! I was hoping broke and n8 would chime in. If you don't mind me asking , what do you guys do for a living ?
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 18, 2016 Report Posted May 18, 2016 Why me? I'm actually broke 90% of the time lol. I am currently working in an oil change shop full time, I also make money on the side doing various jobs, I also buy and sell stuff when I can make money on it. Im trying to pick up a second full time job working midnight's too. Long story short, You don't want to live like me lol. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
bighossf150 Posted May 18, 2016 Report Posted May 18, 2016 Why me? I'm actually broke 90% of the time lol. I am currently working in an oil change shop full time, I also make money on the side doing various jobs, I also buy and sell stuff when I can make money on it. Im trying to pick up a second full time job working midnight's too. Long story short, You don't want to live like me lol. No, thats why you dont want to live in Detroit lol, right now we are trying to find someone to work with me after the guy Im training transfers to Louisiana but no one really want to put in the hours, zero experience and they would start in the at around $60-65k a yr. I tried to get a couple guys that I used to work with to come over but they would rather work 40 hrs a week and make $35k a year than work 65-70 and make over $60k with room to advance like I did Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted May 18, 2016 Report Posted May 18, 2016 Ten years ago when our factory was slow, we all had side jobs that we would hustle. Some guys would cut grass, a couple of guys installed fences, and me I started selling firewood. I heated with wood exclusively and my parents and inlaws both burn wood too. I had less than ten customers and it was all by word of mouth. I would split wood after work and on the weekends and would normally do between $300 to $600 in a weekend. Cash. In my pocket. Yeah I felt rich. Now the factory is busy and we work 10 hours a day 6 days a week and I bought a gas furnace. Its about the same money but it doesn't feel like it. I thought about doing stereo installs on the side now. Side work is where its at. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 18, 2016 Report Posted May 18, 2016 Why me? I'm actually broke 90% of the time lol. I am currently working in an oil change shop full time, I also make money on the side doing various jobs, I also buy and sell stuff when I can make money on it. Im trying to pick up a second full time job working midnight's too. Long story short, You don't want to live like me lol. No, thats why you dont want to live in Detroit lol, right now we are trying to find someone to work with me after the guy Im training transfers to Louisiana but no one really want to put in the hours, zero experience and they would start in the at around $60-65k a yr. I tried to get a couple guys that I used to work with to come over but they would rather work 40 hrs a week and make $35k a year than work 65-70 and make over $60k with room to advance like I didI'd jump on something like that in an instant,I love working hard and putting in lots hours, takes my mind off everything else. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
rfbasshead Posted May 18, 2016 Author Report Posted May 18, 2016 Why me? I'm actually broke 90% of the time lol. I am currently working in an oil change shop full time, I also make money on the side doing various jobs, I also buy and sell stuff when I can make money on it. Im trying to pick up a second full time job working midnight's too. Long story short, You don't want to live like me lol. No, thats why you dont want to live in Detroit lol, right now we are trying to find someone to work with me after the guy Im training transfers to Louisiana but no one really want to put in the hours, zero experience and they would start in the at around $60-65k a yr. I tried to get a couple guys that I used to work with to come over but they would rather work 40 hrs a week and make $35k a year than work 65-70 and make over $60k with room to advance like I did shit man shoot that!! lol. Why me? I'm actually broke 90% of the time lol. I am currently working in an oil change shop full time, I also make money on the side doing various jobs, I also buy and sell stuff when I can make money on it. Im trying to pick up a second full time job working midnight's too. Long story short, You don't want to live like me lol. because you seem like you got your shit together. I may be wrong, but to me you come off as someone whos happy. someone who is satisfied with where their at and still saving for the future. i do do side work at a stereo shop but im in school full time so its hard to find time to go. I also have a son and weekends are the only time im home long enough to see him so generally take advantage of that.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 19, 2016 Report Posted May 19, 2016 I hardly got my shit together lol, I'll never be satisfied with where I'm at no matter where I get to in life, when you get complacent you stop trying to advance yourself. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted May 19, 2016 Report Posted May 19, 2016 Kids are important and have to come first. They grow up so fast. Weeks go by like days and months go by like weeks. When I went back to school, I had to quit my job every summer to visit my daughter in Albuquerque for two weeks. Now she is 26 and getting married this Friday. My baby boy just turned 15 and is planning the system in the car he doesn't even have yet. lol 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Moreno93 Posted May 19, 2016 Report Posted May 19, 2016 I'll never be satisfied with where I'm at no matter where I get to in life, when you get complacent you stop trying to advance yourself. This^^ If you listen to anything in this this should be it. It'll all about your drive. If you want something whether it be a car/toy/women/quitting smoking etc. Its all about your drive and how bad you want it.
Moreno93 Posted May 19, 2016 Report Posted May 19, 2016 Kids are important and have to come first. They grow up so fast. Weeks go by like days and months go by like weeks. When I went back to school, I had to quit my job every summer to visit my daughter in Albuquerque for two weeks. Now she is 26 and getting married this Friday. My baby boy just turned 15 and is planning the system in the car he doesn't even have yet. lol True. Most my down time is with my son, or sleeping. Or working on extra project or planning. But time goes by so fast
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.