Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

so ive been wanting to ask this for a while now. Ive been a long time lurker on this site posting every now and then. i frequent the RPP alot and there has been times where ive seen some of you post pics of your checks. the one i remember was for like 8 grand. one paycheck. EIGHT GRAND! alot of you guys a have systems that cost upward of 10 grand. what i was wondering is to you guys that made it, what do you do for a living and howd you get to where your at. Im 25 and almost went broke buying a bunch of new fosgate stuff. i see alot of you and strive to get to where your at. is there any tips you can offer me?

Posted

Some guys do have some baller ass jobs that allow them to play as they please. But there are a shit ton of dudes who patiently wait for sales and used gear. I remember my first real sound system a few years ago. Was worth about $2000, I only paid just under $1000 for it. Waited for good prices on gear and bought a used amp. I am tuned though to see what some dudes do to get a $10000 system lol

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

For financial help in general:

1) get any out standing debts paid down

2) understand how much you actually take home, and what your monthly expenses are

3) keep track of your spending for a month or more, you'd be surprised how much one can waste on shit like fast food

Once you have a form picture of your personal finances you can start budgeting for the goals you want to reach, like that 5k amp, or a ho alt, or whatever.

Posted

For financial help in general:

1) get any out standing debts paid down

2) understand how much you actually take home, and what your monthly expenses are

3) keep track of your spending for a month or more, you'd be surprised how much one can waste on shit like fast food

Once you have a form picture of your personal finances you can start budgeting for the goals you want to reach, like that 5k amp, or a ho alt, or whatever.

i was going say that #3 is hard but looking at them, there all hard lol. i understand this concept but its really hard to put it into practice. this past weekend i spent nearly all the money i have on a weekend disney trip for my girlfriend and i. i tend to do this alot. how did you guys stop the frugal spending?

Posted

Same way you quit smoking, will power.

Edit: it ain't easy man. There's a reason why Rent to Own places, and check cashing services exist. Because, on average most people are stupid with their money. And that most everything is done with a debit card it's even easier to lose track of your spending.

Posted

I've never had a big system but to some I did and they would ask me how i could do it, since I don't work.

Haven't worked for 8 years

Like 3vil said money management

I would look at their hobbies and what they bought and would ask them the same question

I would try spend the least I could on like clothes or shoes unless I needed something and just save/make a payment

Or theirs always credit cards, but I wouldn't recommend it from personal experience

Posted

For financial help in general:

1) get any out standing debts paid down

2) understand how much you actually take home, and what your monthly expenses are

3) keep track of your spending for a month or more, you'd be surprised how much one can waste on shit like fast food

Once you have a form picture of your personal finances you can start budgeting for the goals you want to reach, like that 5k amp, or a ho alt, or whatever.

It's easier if you keep all your receipts, then just write it all down or use put it in a Excell sheet.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

Life tip: It is cheaper, a lot less hassle, and you never have to explain yourself to anyone when you buy a chick at a bar a few drinks and take her home for the night instead of being in a serious relationship.

 

 

Posted

Same way you quit smoking, will power.

Edit: it ain't easy man. There's a reason why Rent to Own places, and check cashing services exist. Because, on average most people are stupid with their money. And that most everything is done with a debit card it's even easier to lose track of your spending.

Rent to own and check cashing places prey upon the poor and the dumb that's for sure.

I don't make a ton of money and I've bought and sold lots of nice gear over the years, you just need to learn to save up for what you want,

If you want it bad enough you'll Make it happen.

I'm also just gonna throw this out there but I'm gonna bet a lot of these guys (not all) that do high dollar builds have some massive debt to go with them, it's easy to put stuff on a credit card and pretend like you have money.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

What he said. And be frugal.

#1 be your own boss with your money. I am not the gravy train. My wife and I both work and we have a joint bank account where all the household bills get paid from. We also have separate accounts in the same bank. We have automatic transfers set up from our personal accounts to the joint account every payday. So what's mine is mine and what's hers is hers. We don't have a new house, we have an old house fixer upper on 3/4 acre and it will be paid off next year. I am 44 and have been an industrial electronics tech for 20 years. I dropped out of school in the 11th grade. Then went back to night school, got my GED and diploma and enrolled in community college. Going part time 10 years later I had an associates degree. My point is you have to learn from your mistakes, if you want something you have to get it yourself, and learn to recognize opportunities when you see them.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 815 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...