Big difference or minimal difference?

All of Tony's educational threads are great I think. He brings a new light to things that we don't put much thought in to, in my opinion. The quote of his I posted is what I wanted in particular for this thread.

I'm glad you posted that mr skippy cause I was just looking for it.

KyLar - Continuity measurements really don't tell you much because you're not drawing current when you take them. Measuring the voltage drop under load is the only way to get good data.

I remember that convo. Talked to Tony on the phone as a matter of fact most of that weekend.

Hmm, found this to be very weird. Cannot get a reading off any positive wire, when connected. If just the positive is disconnected, and if all are disconnected. No reading in any of those. Another weird thing, with all the positive connections removed. I read .5 of resistance at the amp ground, connect all the power wires, then it reads 2.5 ohms resistance. Da fuck? Would that mean then my problem lies within my power wire as my issue? I have bad voltage drop to the rear, while my alt charges at 14 all day long. I see 11-12 at the amp.

Anyone have anything for what I said here? Couldn't get readings off my positive wires, so I am doing something wrong. I have a half ohm of resistance at the rear ground with just grounds connected, connect positives and now I am at 2.5 ohms of resistance at the rear ground.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I'm glad you posted that mr skippy cause I was just looking for it.

KyLar - Continuity measurements really don't tell you much because you're not drawing current when you take them. Measuring the voltage drop under load is the only way to get good data.

I remember that convo. Talked to Tony on the phone as a matter of fact most of that weekend.

Tony is definitely one cool cat. It's a hell of a privilege to have someone that knowledgeable be willing to share what he knows with the rest of the world, and make some solid products meant for the DIY-er.

Hmm, found this to be very weird. Cannot get a reading off any positive wire, when connected. If just the positive is disconnected, and if all are disconnected. No reading in any of those. Another weird thing, with all the positive connections removed. I read .5 of resistance at the amp ground, connect all the power wires, then it reads 2.5 ohms resistance. Da fuck? Would that mean then my problem lies within my power wire as my issue? I have bad voltage drop to the rear, while my alt charges at 14 all day long. I see 11-12 at the amp.

Anyone have anything for what I said here? Couldn't get readings off my positive wires, so I am doing something wrong. I have a half ohm of resistance at the rear ground with just grounds connected, connect positives and now I am at 2.5 ohms of resistance at the rear ground.

Bump dis bish

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Bump dis bish

Couldn't get what kind of readings off of your positive wires? Voltage? Resistance? How were you measuring? One probe on each end of the wire? Or one probe on one end, the other to ground?

Bump dis bish

Couldn't get what kind of readings off of your positive wires? Voltage? Resistance? How were you measuring? One probe on each end of the wire? Or one probe on one end, the other to ground?

Resistance. I couldn't get a reading with positive on negative battery and negative onto wire terminal, and even vice versa. It throws me off that with all my positive disconnected at the battery, grounds measure .5 resistance, connect the positives and it jumps up to 2.5 ohms. Is that a natural thing or is something wrong here lol

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Bump dis bish

Resistance. I couldn't get a reading with positive on negative battery and negative onto wire terminal, and even vice versa. It throws me off that with all my positive disconnected at the battery, grounds measure .5 resistance, connect the positives and it jumps up to 2.5 ohms. Is that a natural thing or is something wrong here lol

I'd have to see what it is you're doing. I can't visualize it for some reason, it doesnt make sense what you said.

Bump dis bish

I'd have to see what it is you're doing. I can't visualize it for some reason, it doesnt make sense what you said.

I can try to take some pics. But I did it like this. I disconnected every positive wire off of the battery. Could not get a reading off the DMM with the leads going either way. Disconnect both positive and ground all off the battery, still no readings. Disconnect just the grounds off the battery, still no readings.

Edit: Or tell me how to properly measure resistance on a power wire because I am obviously doing it wrong.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm