Sonic Electronix

So I went to a car audio shop and got everything priced out for my car. I needed some help deciding which option would you guys go with. Ill refresh you guys on the car and the factory speaker locations. Car is a 2012 Acura TL Elite. I have two options. One is a 4 channel and other is a 6 channel and the price difference isnt too much. Just needed some opinion on which would you guys do.

Front Pillar Tweeters - 1"

Front Door Speakers - 6.5"

Rear Passenger Speakers 3.5"

Rear Deck Speakers - 6.5"

Option 1.

Alpine Type R 6.5" component for front stage(with using passive crossover)

Alpine Type R 6.5" coaxial

Alpine Type S 3.5" coaxial (for rear passenger door)

JL Audio XD 600/6v2

Total - $1473

Option 2.

Alpine Type R 6.5" component for front stage(with using passive crossover)

Alpine Type R 6.5" component for rear and use the tweeter to put into 3.5" factory slot. (using passive crossover)

Alpine PDX F6 600.4

Total - $1595

Which would you guys do?

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Are those prices installed?

Either way I wouldn't run either of those setups, you could get much nicer gear for that price range if you shopped online.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Are those prices installed?

and are the prices after they lubed ya up?
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

No those are not installed. Those are prices just for the gear. I'm just wondering if I should run 2 component setups off a 4 channel or just get a 6 channel and run 1 component and 2 coaxial

If those don't include install you're getting robbed,

I mean it's still high even with install but without its highway robbery.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

6.5 type R components go for like 165 a pair on Amazon. Did pucker your butthole up tight in there. I would yell rape.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I also have other brands like Kicker KS series and Focal Access series priced out. I just used the Alpines as a example cuz I dont want a vs thread. What I'm trying to figure out is is it better to go with a 6 channel setup with components up front and 2 sets of coaxials in the rear. Or use a 4 channel amp and get 2 sets of components and in the rear just move the tweeter in the 3.5" factory spot.

One set of focal access components up front, one pair of focal coax's in the rear for rear fill, one four channel amp.

/thread

Either way will work I'm a fan of more is always better. Just go with your gut, I'm sure both ways will sound good , but might be drilling holes in your door panels .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Does anyone have any experience withe the Kicker KS series and how they sound

Archived