Opinions on BNR alternators?

Geez, someone needs to pick up some Summer's Eve. Too much sand down there.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

A quick Google turned up plenty of negative results for these alts.

I mean they sell ho alts for less than the cost of a factory equivalent replacement, that alone should tell you something.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I can't even find anything about the company.

I found a couple things, they apparently sell under multiple company names.

Cae alternator and starter in Van Nuys California is also them.

That company also has bad reviews.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Run whatever ya want.

Hell I'd personally not run a mechman alt just out of preference.

I'd still put the build quality, backing,and service of mechman over the company listed on this thread, but fuck, run whatever flips your skirt.

Lol not mad one bit. Just looking for a post that made sense and not some blurry Russian video with no numbers or info. I could make a video like that and claim 400a @ 1 rpm. Would you believe it?

A few people are saying that BNR is crap without any experience? Well my alt is holding up. So I disagree. If it goes out in a month then I'll agree with you guys. This is why I wanted a informed post so I could go ahead and order a mechman, but I will get no such luck here. I guess I expected more here than other childish sites..My bad..

I still have not heard or seen anything here convincing me it's crap and influencing me to buy another brand and put this one to pasture. Russian videos with ZERO numbers do not persuade me lol.. Saying it's crap eBay alt doesn't either, I mean 99.9% feedback doesn't lie. My sundown equipment is also eBay so I guess it's crap too, lol..

I'm pretty convinced that replies aren't read because most of the "help" here is just a +1 post count for everyone.

Anyway I'm done. I'll keep the BNR 350 since not one person here can imply why it perhaps would/will go bad other than saying its eBay junk or post some cold war era Russian bunkered alternator video that shows no numbers or internals or any information what so ever and says it's law. Lmao.

im honestly curious about how you can say there is no numbers or information about the alternater when the title is "BNR parts 200A alternator test" the description says "200A alternator test showing 100A result" someone in the comments says "I had bought a "200 amp" alternator from bnr parts on eBay for my escape a its already giving me problems" also russian?? sounds Spanish to me

also when people say "ebay alt" they mean (for the most part) unbranded unknown and/or unproven alts they dont mean all ebay alts are shit because they come from ebay (iirc mechman and other reputable alts manufacturers also sell on ebay)

the way most people are looking at it on here is you get what you pay for example if you went to walmart and bought a boss 4000w amp for 100-200 bucks (don't know exact priceing) would you expect it to the same quality as a dc 5.0k that costs (iirc) 1000 bucks

the reason people say buy mechman iraggi dc singer or us alternators is they are proven

People are saying this shit because if they were really good alts they would be known. People in the audio community would be running them. . Unless there some new brand that hasn't gotten out yet

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

not like i care, but i searched as well, came up with CAE in Van Nuys CA. super shady guys, lots of bad reviews and bad feedback.

just type CAE alternators in google and this is the first page

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=CAE+alternator

cae_zpsb4ox9cp4.png

Archived