Second Skin Audio

1 or 2 15s?

dsw422

Hey guys.. just ordered a soundqubed 1200.1.. I want to use 15s, but can't decide how many.. I was considering either 2 hds2 15s or 1 hds3 15.. I kno many will say go with 2 but I ask b/c it think that 1 will be just as loud as 2. I say this b/c the hds2 has almost 14mm of xmax and the hds3 has 28mm of xmax.. my thinking is the fact that since the the hds3 has double the Xmax, the cone area doesn't matter on the same power..

Is my thinking correct?

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

2 will be louder because u double the overall volume but I don't know if that amp is enough for 2 subs probably better for 1. Not gonna be a huge difference but will be louder. Box more important. I'd go with the HDC's and get 1.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2 will be louder because u double the overall volume but I don't know if that amp is enough for 2 subs probably better for 1. Not gonna be a huge difference but will be louder. Box more important. I'd go with the HDC's and get 1.

Y would the amp not be powerful enough? The hds2's are rated at 600 rms and the hds3's are 1200.. the amp would be perfect for either choice..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

I would save up some more money and get a pair of HDS3. I have a pair of HDS315s in the back of my 91 Bronco and they give the tailgate no mercy. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

600 is probably way underrated ,I'd still go with 1 HDC 15 just there top of the line sub,

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Really just depends how much space you wanna take up . . but if you get the single 15 you could always upgrade to one more and one more amp in the future

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Archived