Second Skin Audio

Help! 4th Order Build

Well, for what I want to do, my port area is stuck at 28.4sqin. The only thing I can adjust is the length of the port. Is 28.4sqin going to work for me tuning it to ~25hz in a 6cuft box?

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

Maybe you expect too much from this sub.

When I look at the first graph, the regular ported will sound better.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

28 square inches total of port area will not work well even if tuned low and staying within rated power:

image.jpg

30 m/s of port airspeed is ok (sort of) but that would go to 40+ m/s sourcing 750W per driver.

Does anyone how much air space a xfl 15 needs sealed

The question isn't how much does it need, but how much can you get away with? A larger sealed chamber will improve performance, but if you make it too big you can run into excursion issues. It depends on how much power you are going to be running.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

What if its ~33sqft? I was doing some number crunching an I should be able to get that.

Why can't you go any higher? I assure you that you don't want port noise. It sounds awful

We went large ob our sealed section and lost a glue joint. We shrunk it, and now, it's throw power at it time. Mechanical is a ok. Ported sections just fuckin huge lol. Still can play 14hz full tilt with a vehicle res friendly 41hz peak. Love this design so far.

What if its ~33sqft? I was doing some number crunching an I should be able to get that.

Why can't you go any higher? I assure you that you don't want port noise. It sounds awful

I may be able to go a little higher. How about ~37sqin? That's the most I'm going to be able to go since I was going to tune my port to 26hz and the length will be 24.6 inches.

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

I may be able to go a little higher. How about ~37sqin? That's the most I'm going to be able to go since I was going to tune my port to 26hz and the length will be 24.6 inches.

Then, unfortunately, you may have to tune it higher. You can wait until someone can plot the port velocity graph for you but I have a sneaking suspicion that 37 in2 is still going to be too small.

Archived