Went in for my T.E.E and Cardiac Cath. done today. The results were not what I was hoping for. Sometime this year in either late August or early September I will be having open heart surgery again. My DR feels that it's not a good idea to wait much longer and wants to get it done soon as possible. To be honest I am scared, but really I have nothing to worry about.

Get it done brother , the sooner the better wishing u a speedy recovery .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• 4 weeks later...

I talked to the surgeon who did my fist open heart surgery cause I felt more comfortable having him do it. Well he explained something to me that my cardiologist failed to tell me. I knew one of the valves in my heart was leaking, but what I didn't know is that the valve that's leaking has a tear in it. I have no idea how that could of happened. They wont know till they cut me open. Kinda scary really. I still don't know when I'll have the surgery, they wont do it unless I get some kind of coverage. I am waiting to hear about my medicaid to see if that finally went through. I've been turned down a few times for that, apparently having a condition that can kill you doesn't make you disabled, or something. I don't understand how this crap works. The surgeon did tell me that if my symptoms get worse to get my ass back up here and they'd schedule the surgery. I should hear something about my medicaid in a couple weeks, I should last that long.

Pray you get this covered very soon bro. Keep us posted brother. The thought of worrying all the time sucks bad. Ive been there and it sucks. Yeah you have no clue who I am I know this. but I do care, and as said praying for you man. Have a family friend that been down this rode. His was one of the first person in the world to have heart value replacement .

It means a lot when someone cares, weather they know you or not. The waiting is the toughest part, just makes me nervous. I really shouldn't be considering I'v gone through this once before. The surgeon who did it the first time is world renowned, and will have a hand in this surgery. The actual surgeon this time is also really good from the research I've done. Yeah I research things like this, I mean I'm putting my life in their hands. I'll be sure to keep ya'll updated.

Insurance is a fucked up game. Hopefully it works out in your favor. Good thoughts your way man.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I found out when my surgery is going to be. I'll be goin in on September 15th. The Doctor's office called medicaid and they told them to go ahead and schedule the surgery, so I'm guessing the medicaid is going to go through. Or they want to screw with me, but I need to go through the surgery regardless. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I'm not scared though, having gone through this before I know what the risks are. I'll be in the hospital 5-7 days, recovery will take a few months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been waiting since June about my medicaid, and come to find out I have been denied again. This is the second or third time in the past 3 years. Now you'd think with an uncurable heart defect that I need to keep in check I'd qualify. Apparently that's not good enough. I don't understand it.

Archived