cocoleveo7686 Posted July 16, 2016 Report Posted July 16, 2016 So i have 2 12 DSS ethos in a 3.5 cube net box with 65 sq inches of port area. It is being powered by a Ampere audio 5k at 1 ohm. It does get pretty loud for what it is but im in a suv so i want louder. I love the sound of the ethos and would like a sub similar that can handle more power. Other option would be going to 15s. Not sure if there would be a noticeable difference there. Would going to 2 12 ZV4 off my amp at .5 net a good enough gain? I have roughly 7 cubes net to work. Right now power is my 5k, but eventually i will get a 8.5k and run it at .5 ohms. budget would be around 1k. Even if thats finding a couple used sub.
Joe X Posted July 16, 2016 Report Posted July 16, 2016 One option could be 4 Ethos 12s, likely will get louder than the two 15s and it seems you have the space.
cocoleveo7686 Posted July 16, 2016 Author Report Posted July 16, 2016 I thought about going 4 12s but I cant afford 2 more. They are 500 each. Id be looking to either get 2 better subs or 2 15s
Carnines Posted July 16, 2016 Report Posted July 16, 2016 2 Fi Sp4 15s http://www.ficaraudio.com/product-category/sp4-series/ On sale
frogcase2002 Posted July 18, 2016 Report Posted July 18, 2016 If your budget is 1000 and was thinking about getting 2 better subs why would 2 more ethos be to much? I thought about going 4 12s but I cant afford 2 more. They are 500 each. Id be looking to either get 2 better subs or 2 15s Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
ckeeler11 Posted July 18, 2016 Report Posted July 18, 2016 If your budget is 1000 and was thinking about getting 2 better subs why would 2 more ethos be to much? I thought about going 4 12s but I cant afford 2 more. They are 500 each. Id be looking to either get 2 better subs or 2 15s Think he was saying the Ethos are to much at $500 a piece.
cocoleveo7686 Posted July 19, 2016 Author Report Posted July 19, 2016 yes 500 each more is too much. Id spend a total of 1000 on subs. maybe 1100 if they were really worth it. Not sure I wanna go sp4 since they are 4" coil and need a lot of power lol
frogcase2002 Posted July 20, 2016 Report Posted July 20, 2016 I still dont get it. Dont you already have 2 ethos? . . And you said your budget for more subs is 1000 . So how is 2 ethos to much Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
xpoppadaddyx Posted July 20, 2016 Report Posted July 20, 2016 I still dont get it. Dont you already have 2 ethos? . . And you said your budget for more subs is 1000 . So how is 2 ethos to much Think I get it. $1100 budget for 2 super powerful better quality 12s/15s. So he needs to sell those Ethos and just go with 2 18s I would say then he'd be ready for that 8.5k. 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Build) 2013 Nissan Altima (Build) Poppa's YouTube Channel Poppa's FB Page Poppa's Instagram
notorious97200 Posted July 20, 2016 Report Posted July 20, 2016 7 cu Ft net is a little tight for 2 15" subs. But it could work. You'll have enough power for those SP4's, for sure. They shouldn't need 10K watts to be loud and make you smile. You already have enough power ! Can you recone those 12" Ethos to 15" ? Did you ask DSS ? That would be the best and the cheapest move. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.