Sundown Audio

SCV 2000 Screwed !!!!

Bayuk89

That's going to be a solid amplifier. With Twisted Sounds you can sometimes get way above what others are getting. My TS1.8K was getting 2200w certified on the amp dyno, with others were only getting 1900w or so... Either way, they do their rated wattage. I loved my TS1.8K, but I just parted with it cause I got a new car and it's stock stereo is just fine for now.

^^^ yea i watched some youtube videos of the TS 2.8k and people say its a 3500 watt board, labed a 2800 watt amp because it does 2800 @ 12 volts

Board Looks identical to the synergy WFO 35.1 except board colors are different.

^^^^ yea ive been eye balling them for awhile, should have just got the TS 1.8k (2200 watt board) since i have two SA-18's but me buying a TS 2.8k (3500 watt board) i have room for expansion if i upgrade my subs... I will just have to tune the amp down while it powers my SA-18's

maybe I missed it but you must have been able to get money back??

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

maybe I missed it but you must have been able to get money back??

Nope.... Bought the TS 2.8k out of my saving on a hunch that i would get my $280 back.

Just left the pawn shop and the guy who sold me the amp wasnt there today, the co workers said the guy who sold me the amp is the store manager and he would be the only one to decide if i get money back or store credit... I told them there is NOTHING in your store im interested in besides this SCV and it doesnt work so want my $280 back. They said come in tomorrow he will be in snd you guys sort it out.... So im out $900 between two amps till i get my $280 back...

^^^^ yea i know the business and i dont blame them they need to make money, but im not the type to pull around. They tried to offer me a planet audio amp and i said no.... Told them the only piece of audio equipment that is worth buying here is probably the pioneer premier 12" sub ur selling for $59..... They had a RF prime 1200 watt amp for sale $199 all beat to shit.... that amp new is like $199 lol freakin joke.

Same thing happened to my first SCV2000D as well. I told Jacob from Sundown about it and he said that he hadn't seen this problem yet. Also when I would play it I could barely turn the bass knob up and the clip light indicator would come on and then the amp would cut out completely. He warrantied the amp for me and gave me a brand new one, as the issue happened with mine only a couple weeks after buying it from him brand new.

I have pictures of the charred resistors if you are interested in seeing them. They look like they are the same ones that you have charred in the pics here. The mosfets were very close to about going out as well. I wonder if some lower grade resistors were used by the build house on some of the amps and it is causing trouble with them in the field.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived