Sundown Audio

SCV 2000 Screwed !!!!

Bayuk89

So i bought this used SCV 2000 from the pawn shop thursday and just installed it today. Waiting for DD-1 to arrive in the mail. I set the filters wide open and gain 1/4 just so i can test out the amp..... The amp has been plugged in for 5 minutes and only played at half volume..... The amp is HOT !!!!! output sounds like shit.... WTF ?

Check to see if someone tried to fix it.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

I found a problem.... I took the guts cover off i found some blown resistors. Im gonna upload the pictures in a minute....

Yea when i got it from the pawn shop the belly pan screws were loose.... Pawn shop guy said it worked but said i could buy a $20 six month warrenty... Glade i did. I will upload pics and someone tell me if its worth fixing or not.

At first i didnt notice anything wrong.... fan worked on it, status light on played 1/2 a song and had hardly any bass...... amp was VERY hot... its not in protect mode but now it doesnt play..... is it worth having this amp repaired or give it back to pawn shop and get my money back ?

Ok thanks..... guess my rockville M4 goes back in till i get something else.... first sign of a shady amp is the cover screws were loose and tweaked no wonder no one bought it, sat on the shelf for 5 months....

Some of the bigger well known pawn shops around me use a local repair company for things like this, take it back and see if they would send it in and fix it for you rather than just a gimme my money back sorta deal, they will probably just repair it and try to sell it again anyways.

Archived