Second Skin Audio

do i have room for a 4th order ??

Bayuk89

i was asking if i could fit a 4th and i know now i dont have the room..... guess i will just stick with my current box.... i think i just have the itch to build a new box..... I dont know how my output will sound like going down 1.5 cubic feet... i dont want a peaky box, i just wanna play 25-55 i dont care about notes above 55 on my sub stage as i listen to alot of modified and slowed music 80% of the time...

If you did a box that was the size of a wall, you could have subs and ports forward. It might be louder I don't know. There should be a way to do a 4th. Maybe Triticum will see this and chime in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

^^^^ he may not, i talked to him though PM a few days ago about building a new box.... im already 2 cubes too big according to bryan chamberlain....i sound like an "ask-hole" by asking everyone and i dont mean to sound like an ask-hole, i just want other opinions.

just stick to a ported box.. 4th orders get do confusing.. SA subs are a daily sub and wont get low like say an X or ZV4. if you were to put the SA's in a 4th order you would jut make them very peaky on high notes.. was 10.5 cubes gross or net?

if its net pretty easy to fix the problem, just open up the port some more and tune to 32 hz that will eat up box volume... it should also help out the subs more

if its gross your pretty close to what Brian recommend from sundown

^^^ its 10.5 net after displacements. If i stuck two 6x6 blocks inside the box to take up volume it will raise my tuning way high and i would have to add on a 6-8" external port to bring me back down to 32hz

If you are itching to build a new box build one to Sundown specs, seems simple to me. smaller boxes, generally, are less peaky. will have less output as well.

^^^ i could do that.... Truth be told im looking for a reason to build a new box because im not happy with how i built my current one. Bracing is minimal with 1 1/4" wooden dowls, face is not double baffeled, cuts were a little shitty due to using an old blade.. I could build a new box and take my time while they play in the box they are currently in.

^^^ i could do that.... Truth be told im looking for a reason to build a new box because im not happy with how i built my current one. Bracing is minimal with 1 1/4" wooden dowls, face is not double baffeled, cuts were a little shitty due to using an old blade.. I could build a new box and take my time while they play in the box they are currently in.

Might be your best bet. Also, on a side note, I see that you are from central Texas. Where about if you don't mind me asking?

Archived