Mid's and highs

Krupske

I'm wondering how many people trashing super tweeters actually run them or have ran them before? Or are you just going off of some horribly eq'd setup you've heard before?

The only time your substage should be louder than the front stage is if you're listening to tones and doing burps. What's the point of playing music if you can't hear any of the words in the songs? I always go with 1 super tweeter per mid, unless you're using smaller mids. Anything smaller than 10's, go with 1 tweeter per 2 mids.

I would do 4 mids and 2 tweeters. I would also set the crossover to high pass at 60hz or higher to keep the low bass out. This will also help the power handling of the mids.

I'm afraid that the T400.2 won't put out enough power for 4 mids and 2 tweets, don't you think?

But f*ck it, it will have to do haha

Thanks again!

I would do 4 mids and 2 tweeters. I would also set the crossover to high pass at 60hz or higher to keep the low bass out. This will also help the power handling of the mids.

I'm afraid that the T400.2 won't put out enough power for 4 mids and 2 tweets, don't you think?

But f*ck it, it will have to do haha

Thanks again!

T400-2 will put out about 250 rms per channel at 2 ohms. That should be plenty of power per speaker if you run 4 speakers wired down to 2 ohms per channel. I have 2 T26.5" in each door running off the T400-2 and they take the power and sound great doing it. Just my experience.

T400-2 will put out about 250 rms per channel at 2 ohms. That should be plenty of power per speaker if you run 4 speakers wired down to 2 ohms per channel. I have 2 T26.5" in each door running off the T400-2 and they take the power and sound great doing it. Just my experience.

But i will be using the PP4-X crossovers so can't wire it at 2 ohms (i think)

And even if possible, don't think the crossovers would be ok with it because they're 125 rms max

But i will be using the PP4-X crossovers so can't wire it at 2 ohms (i think)

And even if possible, don't think the crossovers would be ok with it because they're 125 rms max

I would say either get different crossovers, different mids, or go active.

Active off that amp will get you running 2 sets of mids without the crossover but maybe just one set and passive is best for you now. Just saying....

Why not got active? I think components are a sneaky sales trick. They get to claim high rms which makes the average joe impressed with its power handling ratings. BUT thats because the power is being split into the tweeter AND the woofer of each comp set. Also that passive crossover that is used in component sets causes some power to be loss and wasted. Power wasted is money wasted in my eyes.

There is more to it than just power. The component sets are made with a crossover that is designed to make the set sound as flat as possible within the desired retail price point. They build in attenuation, eq, and phase correction and power handling comes last. The goal is to sound as good as it can right out of the box and the research and development costs are reflected in the price. They do the hard work so you don't have to. When you go active these things must be considered if you want it to sound as good as the passive set.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived