Why run multiple runs ?

If you have a battery in the back, you need to fuse the runs front to back at both batteries.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

If you have a battery in the back, you need to fuse the runs front to back at both batteries.

Let me chime in.. So you need to fuse the wire twice? once upfront and then in the back?

Yes! Just as you would if you didn't have a battery in the back. Always fuse between both points.

As close to battery as possible. if your power wire wears through under the vehicle and it's not fused on each end (pretending you have a battery on each end) the battery will still give that grounded out power wire current until the worst can happen. I think it happened to BigHoss on here...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I know the Lanzar won't be putting anywhere near 4K it's only rated at 500x4 at 4 ohm but I don't it will do that. I got it for free so I'm willing to give it a shot. Now my next questions is fusesand what size. So Ima need to put a fuse on each run going to my second battery. Then a fuse on my two runs to my twisted sound and on my run to my Lanzar. Anymore? I've heard to put two on each run between front and back battery?

look at the fusing on the amp itself, add it up then multiply by 10, gives you a ballpark estimate.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Back in the day (early 90s) when I worked at the stereo shop, we had a four runner that got 4 18s and a bunch of other stuff along with a battery in the back. I had to convince my manager who had to convince the vehicle owner that he needed a circuit breaker in the back too. Wouldn't you know, four months later it came back on a roll back to have the system removed. He got T boned in an intersection and all the cables got pinched in the back quarter panel. The breaker in the back prevented a fire and probably saved his life. He then got mad because we could not remove the RCAs and power wire because it was folded into the fender well and quarter panel.......

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Then should I ground my amps to my chassis or ground it off the battery ?

This is one of my favorite recent builds. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205717-2016-budget-build-12-subsfirfdc/. Check out how he utilized the SMD fuse holders. I have the double for the front and quad for the back.

Then should I ground my amps to my chassis or ground it off the battery ?

Just ground the second battery to the frame and then you can ground off the battery or a DisB.

Archived