Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?

06RTCharger

I run hybrid clarus( which you can order separately) real nice driver. Better have clean amps with lots of power, look into CDT they have some nice stuff.i have also ran DD the A series stuff I really liked those as well maybe favorite, very loud four Aw6.5,(180watts per driver)At28 (120 watts per tweet)with hybrid legiate 4" (80 watts each)probably best sounding and loud system I've had,which I'm still working with my clarus stuff to bring up to par with what I like. all active

Ive only heard about DIgitalDesigns subs being great. The midbass/midrange drivers do great also? As in good SQ, decent spl?

I think you'll be happy with DD sq definitely they will get loud trust me,be sure to run some nice amps to them.it all comes down how you have it set up , crossover points ,slopes , etc,etc.

A few id listen to when it comes to true sq. Randell, and Bill (both bills) for sure. Bills (dollarbillz) set ups have always crushed. Dude knows what hes talking about. Ive never got to that level. Not even close. I get slopes, cut offs, time alingment, ran several different DSPs, got it all, and all that. And imo i know what sounds good. Ive just never really tried true sq. I think my doors did fine, for what they were, but,.... thats an entire different league, ... im swinging at slow pitch. For sure.

Cant wait to hook up with you one day William. .... One day. And, your ass is gonna cook for me too.

I run hybrid clarus( which you can order separately) real nice driver. Better have clean amps with lots of power, look into CDT they have some nice stuff.i have also ran DD the A series stuff I really liked those as well maybe favorite, very loud four Aw6.5,(180watts per driver)At28 (120 watts per tweet)with hybrid legiate 4" (80 watts each)probably best sounding and loud system I've had,which I'm still working with my clarus stuff to bring up to par with what I like. all active

Ive only heard about DIgitalDesigns subs being great. The midbass/midrange drivers do great also? As in good SQ, decent spl?

I think you'll be happy with DD sq definitely they will get loud trust me,be sure to run some nice amps to them.it all comes down how you have it set up , crossover points ,slopes , etc,etc.

A few id listen to when it comes to true sq. Randell, and Bill (both bills) for sure. Bills (dollarbillz) set ups have always crushed. Dude knows what hes talking about. Ive never got to that level. Not even close. I get slopes, cut offs, time alingment, ran several different DSPs, got it all, and all that. And imo i know what sounds good. Ive just never really tried true sq. I think my doors did fine, for what they were, but,.... thats an entire different league, ... im swinging at slow pitch. For sure.

Cant wait to hook up with you one day William. .... One day. And, your ass is gonna cook for me too.

Thanks but I'm know where near Randall or Kingsuv level of sq. But on the cooking level I'll bust some shit out for you.

• 1 month later...

Yeah if you have 4k to spend on miss and highs then id say make sure you work electrical upgrades into your budget. It might suck not being able to spend money on the cool shit like speakers and amps, but it will make anything you get run better, louder, and safer for your car. And if you're looking for just drivers, then id check out the Rockford fosgate punch pros. I'd get two 6.5's and two 8" drivers. Maybe thier super tweeters? Although they might make your highs too high. I have regular tweeters and even those ones I have turned way down. Also if you want to do it right the first time, I would get subs right away. Either that or have subs in mind first and plan ahead for them so you wont need to go back and change stuff to add them in. Good luck.

This was my suggestion. Beat me to it though.

Imp the pro tweets are way to bright and take more tuning. The punch tweets (non punch pro) sound great at a good price.

Do the 8" 6.5" and a single punch tweet per door to start. From there add a second tweet per door if you want it brighter.

Same basic thing I'm doing but I'm gonna use 2 6.5" per door and 2 p3 8" shallows as a midbass. Gonna be mounted behind me but I'm not looking for sq.

Gonna be running 2 15" subs on 3k watts and just want to make sure I can hear the full range of music hence the 8" shallows which will only be for the 60-250hz range roughly.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Everyone has there own different style. I had 4 10" crescendo pwx on my rear deck being pushed by a lanzer opti700x2. Also had 2 pioneer bullet tweeters 3.5". I was pretty impressed with the midbass coming out of this mids.they look beautiful aswell. Had them in my car for about a month.. was it the sound i was looking for? No. Did they get loud? Yes. But i was not convinced. Just not my style. So i went to the shop that did my tints on my car and looked around and herd of a few of there midbass. I was very impressed at a few. I made a deal with them where if they let me try a few in my car and if it would convince me over the crescendos that i would buy 4 off of him. He herd my set up and was convinced that he had something more of my style.

So we started trying speakers off course trying to keep it in my budget. We tried ev's, prv and some other brand. Evs get so loud and its pure voice and very pricey. The prv were my favorites with its loudest and clarity. Prv is pure crisp clean vocals. Also on the pricey side. So he then brough out his own brand GRD Team 10" 8ohms. They are a copy of prvs at $100 a piece. At a 500watt rms they are ran in parallel down to 4 ohms on the lanzer. I am running 4 of these on my rear deck with 2 4" lanzer optidrive bullet tweeters. They scream pure clarity. No bass just crisp clean voice and highs. You can actually run them with out tweeters. I dont regreat buying the crescendos but it just wasnt what i was looking for. I am happy with my new set up and now need to work on my bass set up. I now have 4 crescendos pwx10 looking for a new home.

OP, hope this helps you alittle.

Archived