Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?

06RTCharger

Start looking into a decent dsp if your going active on 418 different drivers.

Do like 2 8s a 4 and a couple silk dome tweets in each door, with a lot of deadener, and be done. Hope your glassing skills are good.

I also don't understand your "don't want components I want active" comment. What's going active have to do or not have to do with going active? Lost me there.

Do like 2 8s a 4 and a couple silk dome tweets in each door, with a lot of deadener, and be done. Hope your glassing skills are good.

I also don't understand your "don't want components I want active" comment. What's going active have to do or not have to do with going active? Lost me there.

Yah im going to be usings a dsp if i dont achieve "active" with a few amps. I dont want component sets...they come with a mid, tweeter and a PASSIVE crossover. I dont want a passive setup, i want an active setup.

Thanks everyone for the advices.

Yah im going to be usings a dsp if i dont achieve "active" with a few amps. I dont want component sets...they come with a mid, tweeter and a PASSIVE crossover. I dont want a passive setup, i want an active setup.

Just because they come with a passive set up doesn't mean you have to use them.

Just because they come with a passive set up doesn't mean you have to use them.

The value of a comp set is in the crossover tho lol. Without the crossover they are just normal speakers and id have to set crossovers on amps, headunit or dsp anyways. I dont see a point in buying a comp set to throw away the crossover lol, ill just buy individual drivers. Have u heard of eminence audio??

Either get some high quality component set, toss the xover, and get installing. Or buy an 8", 4", and tweet for each door and put that all together. Both of those options can be doubled if needed to get moar loudz.

And no I have not heard Eminence Audio speakers.

Anyone listen to eminemce audio before? How do these speakers and specs look? They are the most detailed specs ive seen a company put up so far. They just emailed me back a few mins ago, finally. The only series he recommended for car audio was the Alpha series. They mainly produce PA concert style audio equipment. But they offer a 7!!! Year warranty on all their speakers and the review on BBB isnt bad. Theyve been around for a while apparently, never heard the name tho.

http://www.eminence.com/?s=alpha&x=0&y=0

http://store.12velectronics.com/categories/Hybrid-Audio-Technologies/Legatia/

Passive does not rob your system as much as you think it does and to be quite honest they have a better response than the tune you'll do without an RT, as much as you might not like passive setups they were designed from the ground up to match the speakers and play the set of frequencies as best as possible so there are no holes in your music, now cheap sets on the other hand are a whole different breed, but quality comps are worth what you pay.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You're going too far !

Try one 8" real midbass speaker-one 4" mid-and a tweeter (don't do super tweeters, just regular ones) on each front door.

You'll need 6 channels amp : run a 4 ch amp bridged on the midbass speakers, and another 4 ch amp on the 2 mids and the 2 tweeters.

You add one or 2 subs in the back, and you will be good to go !

If it's not loud enough : double evrything !

You'll need a few batteries to run all those (3) amplifiers.

I've listened to Eminence Alpha speakers : they do get loud and doesn't sound (too) bad, but they are not my style of speakers.
I listened to B & C speakers recently : they were loud and clear enough. I was very surprised by them. Take a look at what they offer : B &C is a reputable brand, but it may not be the cheapest !!!

Good luck, and forget rear speakers (midbass or whatever).

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived