Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?

06RTCharger

Start looking into a decent dsp if your going active on 418 different drivers.

Do like 2 8s a 4 and a couple silk dome tweets in each door, with a lot of deadener, and be done. Hope your glassing skills are good.

I also don't understand your "don't want components I want active" comment. What's going active have to do or not have to do with going active? Lost me there.

Yah im going to be usings a dsp if i dont achieve "active" with a few amps. I dont want component sets...they come with a mid, tweeter and a PASSIVE crossover. I dont want a passive setup, i want an active setup.

Thanks everyone for the advices.

Start looking into a decent dsp if your going active on 418 different drivers.

Do like 2 8s a 4 and a couple silk dome tweets in each door, with a lot of deadener, and be done. Hope your glassing skills are good.

I also don't understand your "don't want components I want active" comment. What's going active have to do or not have to do with going active? Lost me there.

Yah im going to be usings a dsp if i dont achieve "active" with a few amps. I dont want component sets...they come with a mid, tweeter and a PASSIVE crossover. I dont want a passive setup, i want an active setup.

Thanks everyone for the advices.

Just because they come with a passive set up doesn't mean you have to use them.

The value of a comp set is in the crossover tho lol. Without the crossover they are just normal speakers and id have to set crossovers on amps, headunit or dsp anyways. I dont see a point in buying a comp set to throw away the crossover lol, ill just buy individual drivers. Have u heard of eminence audio??

You realize that active refers to the type of crossover used and has absolutely nothing to do with the speakers right? You can buy component sets and run them active. Not sure why you would rule them out just because they have a crossover with them. It's fine to buy them as individual components but you aren't stuck with doing it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

u want man mid bass and mid range?

u have to run active and get real speakers + external line level crossover. full range 10s or 12s should do it on 4k (sound stream, prv , taramp, full range mono blocks

speakers like prv, beyma, ev, massive, dj speakers, some o2 stuff. everything else is average

i got 4 10 inch mr1000 prv on 3k taramp people turn around 2 blocks away

u have to run active and get real speakers + external line level crossover. full range 10s or 12s should do it on 4k (sound stream, prv , taramp, full range mono blocks

speakers like prv, beyma, massive, dj speakers, some o2 stuff. everything else is average

just because it turns heads doesn't mean it sounds good

might just be the high frequencies giving them a migraine.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Yeah if you have 4k to spend on miss and highs then id say make sure you work electrical upgrades into your budget. It might suck not being able to spend money on the cool shit like speakers and amps, but it will make anything you get run better, louder, and safer for your car. And if you're looking for just drivers, then id check out the Rockford fosgate punch pros. I'd get two 6.5's and two 8" drivers. Maybe thier super tweeters? Although they might make your highs too high. I have regular tweeters and even those ones I have turned way down. Also if you want to do it right the first time, I would get subs right away. Either that or have subs in mind first and plan ahead for them so you wont need to go back and change stuff to add them in. Good luck.

speakers like prv, beyma, massive, dj speakers, some o2 stuff. everything else is average

i'm pretty sure reading that gave me a migraine...go active and use passive crossovers? Am I reading that right?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i'm pretty sure reading that gave me a migraine...go active and use passive crossovers? Am I reading that right?

I love the fact everything he suggested, in his MAN voice, isnt even a mid bass driver. Pa for mid bass? ok, i guess what i think is mid bass is some others PA pipe dream. And what "loud" is to some, is a fucking head ache, ear bleed to me. :unknw:

Mid range, and mid bass, isnt even the same league, its not even the same fucking sport. (in my Jules voice from pulp fiction)

Archived