SoCalzLife Posted August 31, 2016 Report Posted August 31, 2016 Hey this isnt a vs thread, and im just trying to see if anyone has dealt with the hertz hsk 165, bot the xl model... I blew my focal k2 power components today, and im looking to buy a a good quality component set that is loud and clear..good quality...i know its sounding like a vs thread lol.. im just trying to see peoplw recommendations ive read a ton of reviews online as well..
Soccerballzs Posted August 31, 2016 Report Posted August 31, 2016 I run 3 sets of the XL the are a beautiful speaker top build and on the top end of power ratings. Great Italian Speaker. But Team Hertz here! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
ChevyBoy95 Posted August 31, 2016 Report Posted August 31, 2016 You might want to look into why you blew the first set too. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
bcbrassard Posted September 1, 2016 Report Posted September 1, 2016 X2.... why are you blowing speakers? Especially Focal!
DTS909 Posted September 1, 2016 Report Posted September 1, 2016 What amp? How you set the gains? VM-1 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Hertz HSK 165XL Arc Audio KS 300.2 Linear Power 1002 Full Mods Fi Audio Q 10s Sundown Audio Scv 3000 Big 3 XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH Singer Alternator Sky High Wire <p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback
evermaxx Posted September 2, 2016 Report Posted September 2, 2016 I used to be a huge hertz fan.. The XL is a great set.. Especially if you're a huge midbass fan like I am. The set is very nice, and can be picked up for a decent price. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
M80 Posted September 2, 2016 Report Posted September 2, 2016 I run them on a Crescendo 1100.4. As evermaxx said they have excellent midbass. Toms and snares sound amazing.
cvanwey Posted September 6, 2016 Report Posted September 6, 2016 X2.... why are you blowing speakers? Especially Focal! If I can chime in... I can vouch for the Focals blowing. I have a set of K2P's w/ the TN52 tweeters (bought new in 2009). One tweeter blew, under warranty, about 1 year after ownership and I got it replaced. I went to put them in my new car recently and was told, by the installer, one of them is on it's way out. It was hooked up the a Zapco c2k 3.0 at 4 ohms stereo passive for the past 3 years. The mids are tanks, and can handle tons of unclipped power, but the tweeters appear to be kinda fragile. Prior to that setup, I had 300 watts a side passive with Zapco C2K amps, unclipped. I'm not sure about the newer tweeters in their newer offerings though.... I just bought a set of Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5 component set. You may also want to check them out for kicks, if possible. I've listened to the Hertz line a few years back, and was impressed. I just wanted something a little different. Good luck!
notorious97200 Posted September 19, 2016 Report Posted September 19, 2016 I blew a Focal 165 KP mid after 9 nine years. The tweeters are still fine. I was using a lot of power on a 4 ch amp bridged, for years, on the passive filters. I bought a pair of mids, get rid of the passive filters, bought a mini dsp 2x4, and now I run an active setup on that same amp. I don't have a lot of power, only 4 x 65 @ 4 Ohms, but my mids are 8 Ohms ! It's loud, clear, ...amazing ! That can give you so much choice for the mediums speakers : take a look at parts-express, or madisound, usspeakers,...etc black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
fecupe2001 Posted September 24, 2016 Report Posted September 24, 2016 i´ve installed many hask 165 components, only a pair of XL though, they are nasty for sure, that component can play on the 40 hz range without any problems if it´s set properly I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.