Interior Lights Wont Turn Off

My folks have a 1997 Chevy Blazer with a strange problem. The interior lights wont turn off. I did find a dial for interior lights and turned that all the way down. If I'm in the vehicle I can turn them off, but once you open the doors the lights wont turn off. I waited at least 3-4 minutes. I've tried everything I can think of, I guess I'm missing something. Any help I can get to figure this out I would appreciate it.

you may have a dome override button that if you press it, will make your lights stay off if a door is open or not. Do that until you can troubleshoot it for now so you don't kill the battery.

Do you have an aftermarket remote start or door lock installed? They can be set to turn on the dome lights but should go off.

If you have a multimeter you can try to probe the triggers at each door and the lift gate/glass to see if one is shorted out to make it think the pin is out (engaged) to keep the lights on.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

if you open the doors, then close them they won't go off? or if you leave the doors open they won't go off? May have a faulty door sensor

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

I just ended up pulling the fuse. Hopefully that worked, haven't started the Blazer up since then. Our other vehicle 2003 Durango had problems of it's own. A/C compressor getting ready to go out, the 4wd is gone, burning oil and a bunch of other problems. Well we got rid of that thing. Traded it in on a 2007 GMC Acadia SLT. This thing is loaded with options, way more than I care to list. Now I have the fun job of teaching the folks how to use some of this stuff in the Acadia.

couple things could be wrong.

turn the interior lights dial down a little. Sometimes if you roll it all the way up it'll click on and stay on

Also the plungers that are in the dash where that meets the door panels can get snapped off or unplugged. that will cause your lights to be on all the time

Message me if neither of those are the problem

1349713160_rte.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived