Sonic Electronix

Why does bass travel further outside some cars?

17 minutes ago, walrus salesman said:

I shouldnt have called you a pusy sorry about that i got upset a little bit

1. My buddy's system is cheaper and tuned to 26 hertz therefore your argument is invalid 

2. You haven't done testing on this, I have , therefore your argument is invalid 

3. I tested the same system in 2 different cars and one car was much louder even though they are both midsize sedans , Dashboard was the only factor I noticed. Nothing else makes sense 

i dont know how to use this damn forum and how to reply but anyways before i wanna leave i have one last thing i wanna say, 

I have many many many friends with 152+ walled off setups, about 2 of those people have newer cars (caddy CTS-v, scion FRS). Long, huge dashboards. Can barely hear shit outside with windows open, the bass is definetly there but its faint.. 

Meanwhile buddy with old ass car from mid 90s with tiny smooth dashboard you can feel 25 hertz standing 100 feet away... no matter how close or far away you are to his car you literally hear and feel every note, 0 rattling just smooth bass. How can this be explained? lol All cars are sound deadened top to bottom, walls are properly sealed off with trim panels, foam, etc. Some are flat walls, some 4th orders.You are eliminating all other variables such as rear windows/doors, random holes in the chassis or roof or whatever, etc.. 

And every single time ive heard a non walled setup be loud outside the car its usually a piece of shit beater 1992 buick century or ford explorer from 2001 with some power acoutsik mofos and a 1700 watt hifonics amp yet you can hear him from 2 blocks away lol i rest my case

Maybe this dashboard thing would also explain how measuring in the kick is different than measuring on the dashboard? Would a big dash get bigger numbers on the dash? Smaller dash get bigger numbers in the kick?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 2 weeks later...

I wish someone would do some testing with the same car but different shape/size dash to see if it actually makes a difference. Might be huge for the SPL scene to get those extra tenths.

1 hour ago, DLHgn said:

I wish someone would do some testing with the same car but different shape/size dash to see if it actually makes a difference. Might be huge for the SPL scene to get those extra tenths.

If you added to the size of your dash then it absolutely would change. Maybe a gain, maybe a loss, but you're changing the air space of the vehicle so you will see some kind of difference on a meter. 

I'm sure the dash does change lots of things. But that guy said he put the system in 2 different cars and the only thing he noticed different was the dash.

You can put the same system in 2 identical cars and get different results. Why someone put a system in 2 different cars and came to the conclusion the dash was the difference makes no sense at all.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Some might find this odd but my Honda Fit hatchback is loud inside but outside it's not hardly at all. Even when I had 1200 watt amp and W6v2 it wasn't very loud at all outside, the car next to me could probably hear it but that's about it. But car is pretty air tight and well dampened. Now if I rolled down the windows it was different.

Archived