Best 6.5 Components

wcoleman320

I need a good pair of 6.5 inch components for my car. I have 2 RE Audio SEX 12s and there tuned to 36 Hz. The problem is they don't play past 70 Hz. I have a pair of rockford fosgate P165SI punch 6.5 inch components and they have no mid bass. I need a pair of speakers that can pay down to 70 HZ well and loud to fill in the frequencys my subs cant play. Im looking at a budget of $150 and i have a 120.4 amp to power them. Im looking at the JBL GX600C , The GTO 509c and the one im most interested in is the P660C. I also wanna look at other choices. Can you guys recommend some speaker. Maybe CTsounds or soundqubed or re audio. Just need something with good mid bass.

P660c's are great for the price and if you prep the doors there aren't very many that can keep up with them for the price you can get em at.

I have thrown +250w ch on a set that took em like a champ, just make sure you use a low pass on them cause you can rip the surrounds with tons of power and full range.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The doors are covered in deadener, the doors are sealed very tight currently powered on 45 watts rms per channel and my crappy pioneers in the back put out 3x the mid bass, but the mids and highs on them sound like ass compared to my rockfords, im just looking for something that has good mids and highs as well as good mid bass

• 2 months later...

The JBL's are great!  I have a set of P662's in my doors, and 4 P963's in the back.  I have not put real power to them yet, but thats coming.  The 6x9's really drown them out, to the point, I cant tell they are on most of the time.  Im working on a new system now using a 4 channel amp.  I will give the 662's their own channel, and the 6x9's on a seperate channel to make it easier to balance them.  For the money, I really LOVE the JBL's.  They are well made, take LOTS of power.  You just have to make sure you set the EQ properly or you will blow them throwing too much bass at them with alot of power.  I have blown 4 of the 6x9's operating them unfiltered.  Once I set them to >100hz they have been fine and will take the heat.  I have 200 watts going to them now and they smoke!  When I finish my new setup they will be eating 400w each depending on how I set it.  I will just have to be carefull with the volume knob or I will be picking up the pieces.  If I replace them, it will be with Morel Virtus 602's for the added power handling. But I could buy 4 sets of the JBL's at what those cost.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived