Sq questions and goals

lordtris

Why are you guys suggesting a DSP when in the first post he chose a head unit with DSP options ???

Not complaining, just asking ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

most people multi layer deadner ... not going to help in any way without mass loaded vinal. just saying.

Single 100% coverage with deadner AND MLV works wonders.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Silverflute 6.5 for midbass

Dayton referance 3" for full range.

No tweeter needed

very good suggestion !!! almost a perfect fit for stock location with angles for test and tune !!!

Personally, I'd go with tweeters that will play almost as low as 3" midrange, but that's just me. 3" drivers are really nice !!!

I count 9 speakers? Only 8 channels on amp. Im a noob but heres some choices i can see.

1. buy a separate sub amp, so u dont need to bridge 2 of those 8channels for ur sub. Then u could use the 8channels for ur 8 mids/highs speakers individually.

2. Buy one set of components for those kickpanels instead of separate mids and tweets. Buy a set with a 6.5 with a tweeter and USE the passive crossover it comes with and mount both those speakers into each kickpanel. That way u only need 6 channels of amp output because ur combining 1mid and 1tweet onto 1channel of ur amp output. BUT that takes away the custom tuning for the kick panels, the passive crossover would do the tuning. Thats my noob suggestions lol, goodluck man.

1. There is 7 speakers 6 in the front and the sub.

2. I am not sure of the quality of most componets as well as adding more components even in the way of a passive xover is what i am trying to avoid.

No tweeter needed

Interesting thought. I am not really trying to build custom kicks and I dont think the 3in would fit in the spot on the qforms kick panel though it was for 1in tweeters. ?

change that EQS to a full DSP like a RF360.3 or PS8, problem solved.

That is what I was wondering. So do either of those make it so the output channels are all the same then? So I can dedicate 6 channels to the front and still have a sub channel though say the 360.3
Oh wow ur right, only 7 now. But i swear when i had commented he was also running a pair of mids in for the rear also. Maybe thats what he "edited" from the original

Post. Maybe im just delusional lol.

Oh wait ur the Op lol, werent u also running rear speakers when u first posted the question?

Why are you guys suggesting a DSP when in the first post he chose a head unit with DSP options ???

Not complaining, just asking ???

Because I hate most headunit DSP's. MOST. I feel they are hard to work with and limiting on what you can do. They are nice features for systems like my girlfriends car who got a double din and a backup camera... and we just hit some time delay and adjusted the levels slightly to make it not sound like total crap.

My girlfriend doesnt even listen to the music. She just wants noise to be happening while she is driving. So for people on an audio forum I assume they are slightly more interested in their audio. Also... I saw today that he listed a RF360.3 DSP in his equipment plans.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

No tweeter needed

very good suggestion !!! almost a perfect fit for stock location with angles for test and tune !!!

Personally, I'd go with tweeters that will play almost as low as 3" midrange, but that's just me. 3" drivers are really nice !!!

I know of smart SQ people that do go the "full range" speakers route with no tweeters... but I dont totally agree with it. I feel the midrange speakers cannot play high enough effectively. What is your opinion on this?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

You can't just buy expensive drivers/ equipment, slap the in and expect great Sound Quality. You have to test and tune.

When you are tuned, it should have a stage presence and you can not tell where your drivers are installed in the vehicle. If you learn and listen closely, you can stage and image a pair of cheap 5.25" coax drivers. It takes work. Sound Quality is all about vehicle perfection and not who spent the most on their equipment. Just saying

You can't just buy expensive drivers/ equipment, slap the in and expect great Sound Quality. You have to test and tune.

When you are tuned, it should have a stage presence and you can not tell where your drivers are installed in the vehicle. If you learn and listen closely, you can stage and image a pair of cheap 5.25" coax drivers. It takes work. Sound Quality is all about vehicle perfection and not who spent the most on their equipment. Just saying

Exactly why I'm saying I used the cheap daytons and the expensive hybrid audio. If they stage them right. You'll be happy. There are many people running tweeter less setups

Archived