Chev experts please. Love some info. Generation VS Generation ect...

(im also asking this on some chev/truck/custom forums i belong to, but, they dont usually respond very fast at all)

All,

Im looking for a buddy. The doors on his 1997 2 door sdime blazer need replacment. They have been beat to shit, welded, and broken again, and so on.

We are going to start scanning the pickNpulls, used lots, and such. We would like some info, if you would.

His is the 1997 2 door.

My ? - What GEN, year to year, will be direct, no hassle fit ? If you have more info, on this generation, vs others, that would be fun to know as well. When did one gen start and end, differences between, all that fun stuff.

Learn me up please, and TIA

KB

95-05 doors will fit.

First Gen was 82-94

Second Gen is 95-05.

The Major differences are the power train, the suspension and frame setup pretty much stayed from 82-05.

The second gens are a bit bigger inside and out as well.

And have way different styling.

The second gens changed interior styling mid during their run a little but too.

If you have more specific questions just ask, I'll answer as best as I can.

Them heavy ass doors and weak hinges were always a problem on these trucks too.

I just gave my 2001 4 door Jimmy away to a friend in need a few weeks back, I already miss the thing.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

They changed them up a little styling wise mid second generation but yes, the doors from a 95-05 will work.

Door panel styling varies but the door itself is the same.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

They changed them up a little styling wise mid second generation but yes, the doors from a 95-05 will work.

Door panel styling varies but the door itself is the same.

Ya, one thing i noticed, was, that the door lever its self, was different. Mine, had a handle, and lifted, and the ones ive looked at, you reach through, and pull, kinda. If that makes any sense ?!?!?.

But, that wont matter functionally eh?

Probably just a lil different style, but the mechanics/guts will work for either you think?

EDIT- we want just the "new" door skin and guts, want to transfer his rad door panels on to the "new" ... again, if that makes sense

That'll work just fine, if your gonna transfer all the stuff all you need is the shell anyways.

For my 95, when I got in a wreck, they slapped a 98 door on it. Most things that changed in those years was engine/accessories, not body panels or anything besides a different shaped dash.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, Jonathan Mills said:

You can gain a seriously surprising amount of information on generation, year model, motors and all that shit on wikipidia. I was really surprised when I looked for info on my avalanche.

Way to wake up an old thread ...

What year Avalanche you Got ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On 12/27/2018 at 8:24 PM, White Lightning said:

Way to wake up an old thread ...

What year Avalanche you Got ???

I got a 2011 avalanche its the LT model. I put a lot of work into it this holiday season. Almost done.? Or whatever! Dang I don't even have a picture of it yet. Anyway nice talking to a fellow GM fan!

Archived