Second Skin Audio

Making your roof rigid, what does it take?

kryptonite

Trying to make my explorer roof more rigid by adding wood. I see plenty of people use kerfing lines to bend the plywood or mdf to the roof contour. One question I have is, better to use thicker sheets or multiple layers of thinner sheets to meet level to the ribs running side to side for one final cover sheet? I'll be using PL adhesive to hold everything. Need this to be good so I can build off of it for more louds. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Pearls of wisdom perhaps?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I've heard of people cutting small straps out of a full sheet and screwing it to the roof supports. Personally I've used sound deadener only on my old crx. Worked for how small it was. I've also used expanding foam but you have to be careful and make sure you have enough relief holes to allow it to expand and not flex the sheet metal roof. There's tons of different ways to go about it. The search button works wonders on this site.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

It's a 4 door. I've used the search but only found builds, no definitive "this is better than this". I know that expanding foam works but the ribs were filled with urethane to the roof skin when the previous owner had a new skin installed so those aren't an issue lol. I'm thinkin about walling the explorer which is why I'm doing this.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Check out the first to pages of the burb build. Add mass. Make it some what level with wood and Pl glue. Then add a straight sheet. Done.

Wall that bitch Jan quit fucking around. ;)

You have any questions feel free to pm me on FB bud.

Lol thanks

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived