The high pass for the mids could be set at 80hz on the amp and low pass for mids could be set at 4khz on the head unit. Or just high pass at 80hz and let them play all the way up on the top end. Ideally the mid to tweet crossover point should be a lot lower than 4khz but it depends on what the tweeter is capable of.

I see what you're getting at. He could also bandpass the mids with a combination of headunit and amp crossover, if the ranges are wide enough on both.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The 6.5 pro audio were loud but not much mid bass. I think that with the super tweets might be a little much but its all subjective.

As far as sound quality not much of that warm sounding music from those speakers. But if your looking for loud. Yes

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

The amp is fine its just the PA and Super tweets.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I'm not sure how that would help you though. There are few people who run active using just the amp's crossovers. I have the 90x4, and I use the crossovers on my 80PRS for active because it's more precise. Even if someone did run the 90x4 active using it's crossovers, that doesn't mean the settings would be the same as yours (250hz on mine won't be 250hz on yours if the potentiometer is in the exact same position), nor would that be the ideal crossover points for your speakers.

You can set the crossover points using a multimeter. I'd recommend 80hz HPF for the mids, but I can't tell you where for the tweets cause I don't use the super tweets. I cross my SQ'd PA mids at around 3 or 4khz I think and let my tweets do the rest, but I have their dome tweets.

play the tone of the frequency you want the crossover set at (speakers disconnected to avoid damage). Place the positive and negative leads of your multimeter on the speaker outputs, with the multimeter set to measure AC voltage. For HPF, turn it all of the way counter clockwise. For LPF, turn it all of the way clockwise. Then, for whichever filter you are adjusting, slowly turn in the opposite direct of your initial setting, until the voltage on the multimeter begins to drop. repeat for each filter you wish to set.

Archived