The component set is not much different in all honesty. I ran them before the PA's, and with only the mids and the PA 6.5's being swapped out, the difference was just being louder. You won't have as much output, but the response will be mostly the same (except the tweeters, those will sound different i think). You can find better speakers for the same price or a little more. You can probably sell those pretty quick on SoundQubed's facebook group, here maybe, or CACO.

Truth is, you don't need PA speakers and super tweets to hear your mids and highs over your sub stage (if you have one). I'm pretty sure there's a deal going on with CT sounds component sets, for around $50- $60 maybe? look in the CT Sounds section of the fourm, its a recent thread, so it should at the top of their section. I would put more stock in their speaker's quality than i do SoundQubed.

I would contact Soundqubed. They will work with you on returning the PA and super tweeters to get you what you want. I have a set of their new two way 6.5 coax speakers and they sound better than the PA by a long shot. Pair them up with their soft dome tweet ( run a bass blocker diode inline) and they will sound fine.

It wont be too bright and will give some mid bass. I ran two pairs of these 6.5s in my door with two sets of thier tweeters in my door. They kept up with two HDC3.1 12's running off a soundqubed 2200.2

If you decide to go with the component set then at lest you get a crossover and its just a plug and play. If you need more highs you can add a set of tweets to the componenet set and it will be fine. I have my two sets of tweeter wired in parallel paired up with a 6.5 RE audio mid bass speaker using the RE crossover.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Love me a Fox body, owned my own back in the day for about 10 years

Mustang%209_zps0owwm8h7.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived