1 battery, 1-240 mechman, 4/0 big 3.

Really depends. Whatever you do, make sure to get the biggest battery you can fit under the hood.

Depends on what tho? I agree on the strongest battery, thats why i mentioned that im not talking about using my current interstate battery. My battery is in the trunk so im sure fitting any single battery wouldnt be much of a problem.

i would run 3k on that

Let me know where my math went wrong. 14.4v x 240=3456. Let's give the viehical half that, 1728w. If he's got 800w going to his mids & highs, that leaves him about 900w extra? Let me know where my math went wrong

Thanks

Is that the straight forward equation? All i need is my battery voltage x my alternator voltage/amperage?

if you want to do the cooking by the book, subtract your stock alt amperage from the aftermarket amperage. thats how much extra amperage you have. Look at the fuse ratings on your amps and thats your limit.

thats the 100% im safe method.

Real world on music, go read this thread.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195782-so-who-can-tell-me/

I ran 5k on the front battery and 250a alt for a long time. Did it get loud? Sure. Was it making full power? No. I added two G31 to the back and the difference is night and day. Its like I added a second amp. The mids and highs amps sound better at full power too because the bass amp will take so much power that the small amps will starve.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I don't understand why you've been so worried about SQ with every other thread you've made, but now you're worried about squeezing every last watt you can into your substage. That doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't understand why you've been so worried about SQ with every other thread you've made, but now you're worried about squeezing every last watt you can into your substage. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Relax, i said im brainstorming lol. I just wanted to know what i could possibly do with this electrical, before needig to add any extra batteries.

if you want to do the cooking by the book, subtract your stock alt amperage from the aftermarket amperage. thats how much extra amperage you have. Look at the fuse ratings on your amps and thats your limit.

Makes sense, ill check that out after work. Thanks

I ran 5k on the front battery and 250a alt for a long time. Did it get loud? Sure. Was it making full power? No. I added two G31 to the back and the difference is night and day. Its like I added a second amp. The mids and highs amps sound better at full power too because the bass amp will take so much power that the small amps will starve.

Yah thats what i meant to imply also. Not underpowering the system.

Damn lol reading that post almost gave me a headache. Thats like trying to do calculus, yet im only on single digit multiplication lol.

Archived