Looking for info on cdt mx-2692

JumpinBean23

Looking into these for an upcoming build. Just wondering if they're worth the $350-400 price tag, or if I should go in a different direction. I have 6x9 front doors, and 3.5s in dash. Just doing a simple front stage replacement...hopefully. I haven't had much luck finding people running them, which could be a good or bad thing. Tweeter seems like a decent dash option to me, but I would hate to go on a hunch and instantly regret it.  Also curious on how much power they like.  The site I found didn't mention power handling. I'm guessing around 100w per side, but i could be way off. Will have a dsp, however I'm still looking into my options for that.  If I'm missing any critical info ask away. Any info or guidance is appreciated. 

CDT is pricey equipment for what you get IMO. For the same cost you could get Focal, Morel, or Hertz coax sets. Depends on your goals and budget. Most here hate on the 6x9's so there is always the adapter plates to 6.5".

15 hours ago, JumpinBean23 said:

Looking into these for an upcoming build. Just wondering if they're worth the $350-400 price tag, or if I should go in a different direction. I have 6x9 front doors, and 3.5s in dash. Just doing a simple front stage replacement...hopefully. I haven't had much luck finding people running them, which could be a good or bad thing. Tweeter seems like a decent dash option to me, but I would hate to go on a hunch and instantly regret it.  Also curious on how much power they like.  The site I found didn't mention power handling. I'm guessing around 100w per side, but i could be way off. Will have a dsp, however I'm still looking into my options for that.  If I'm missing any critical info ask away. Any info or guidance is appreciated. 

If you need more midbass in your system then the 6x9's can help with that but if you have a sub and need more midrange then 6.5's can fill the gap depending on what your plans are for the dash.

I have CDT mids and tweets and love em, although my set was $280 (for 4x 6.5s and 2x tweets).  $400 seems pricey.  

CDT, as a company, is legit; but their prices are a bit high comparatively to other better brands.

I would try something less expensive and then move up later if you arent happy.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived