Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Need help: Installing an amp on stock radio


Recommended Posts

Posted

My friend wants me to install an amp & some subs in his 2016 Tundra. He wants to keep the stock radio, there is no where to put the RCA's or the remote turn on, on the stock head unit. 

So how would I be able to install the amp to the stock head unit? I know it may seem like a dumb question, but I'm only used to installing amps on aftermarket head units....

 

Thanks for any help.

Posted

If you're going to choose a Line Out Converter, then I would recommend choosing AudioControl brand, as they're probably the only ones that aren't complete junk. Otherwise, a DSP is a much better option, allowing for more signal control. There's currently a Helix P-DSP for sale in the for sale section for $200, which is a great price for an 8-channel DSP.

Posted
2 hours ago, reedal said:

If you're going to choose a Line Out Converter, then I would recommend choosing AudioControl brand, as they're probably the only ones that aren't complete junk. Otherwise, a DSP is a much better option, allowing for more signal control. There's currently a Helix P-DSP for sale in the for sale section for $200, which is a great price for an 8-channel DSP.

Can he connect a stock headunit to a dsp? Wouldnt he still need the LOC to connect it to a dsp? For the rcas.

Posted
14 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Can he connect a stock headunit to a dsp? Wouldnt he still need the LOC to connect it to a dsp? For the rcas.

DSP's have high-level inputs as well as RCA inputs. RCAs are not needed. Just tap into the stock wiring and connect it to the DSP.

Link to Helix P-DSP specs: http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/en/p-dsp.html

Link to for sale thread: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207829-dd-speakers-and-helix/

Posted

Use a Helix pro DSP no worries in tuning or adding additional amps.  No programming issues that are common in other brands.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

That is what I did I'm my Camaro.  I have a JL Audio Cleansweep, which is part re-eq and part line out converter.

I spliced into the rear speakers to get high level connections, which feed the cleansweep, which produces the low level RCA outputs for amps.

I used an "add a circuit" fuse with wire and tied into a spare switched fuse .  This provided a remote turn on signal, which I then used to trigger another remote amp turn on relay.  It all works sweet and as it's supposed to, no noise, no static, no hum, no turn on thumps.  It's a lot of work, but nothing worth while is easy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 974 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...