02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build (AKA Project Silent Night) Mechman, Neo Slow

Well you know how I said I was done with updates, I may have fibbed a little. A guy on Facebook had some Soundigital 8K's for sale and then a member of the CACO Facebook group talked to me about them as he has 4 in his build. He recommended that I talk to Cody Johnson of DroppingHZ so I did at like 10 o'clock last night and I ended up ordering 3 new Soundigital EVO 8K 2 ohm models. I will have enough Brazilians that I could have made my cage without a welder lol. Already got tracking for one amp, he has to order two more for me. The good news is most of the expensive things are paid for. 

Still need to acquire the following items.
4 Channel KNU Krystal RCA's
4 Channel Amp(s)
Mids & Highs for doors
10-12 runs Electron Beam 2/0
Wood
Fiberglass, Resin & Filler
Oscilloscope
RCA distribution box (thinking of making my own)
Heim Joints
Copper Bar (for lithium bus bars)
More lugs (2/0 and 8 gauge)
Time to assemble everything

038-363x363_zpsnwjargoc.jpg

2 hours ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

Oh shoot I didn't see you were from Michigan. 

Can't wait for some shows this year so I can see some big builds

Yeah the middle of nowhere Michigan kind of. I really can't promise that I'll make it to many shows of any, I have a somewhat unpredictable schedule. Are you Shane M or Shane S? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I came home to a mini Christmas today, I thought I'd be gone longer. I will be gone for 5 weeks when I leave next Monday. Anyhow my lithium modules arrived, not much to say about them so far they're nice and light though. My Soundigital 8k's came as well along with a Dropping Hz T-Shirst, also got my huge chunk of copper at .75x3 inches to make my bars for the lithiums. Additionally I got 60 female panel mount RCA's and a project box to make my own Cock Box just waiting on the silver wire to solder everything together. The rest of my week off I'm hoping to get some wood to line the shell so when I get a design I can just do the loading wall and baffle and have it done fast. I'll probably post some more pictures of one of the amps tomorrow or all of them, I was too lazy to really look them over today.

20170312_191945_zpst4adi1g2.jpg
20170312_191916_zpspbtkroxh.jpg20170312_191926_zps1gebn5b0.jpg20170312_192042_zpsahfensuo.jpg

Love that bus.  Looking forward to seeing how those lithiums treat you, too.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

15 hours ago, mcanderson0 said:

Love that bus.  Looking forward to seeing how those lithiums treat you, too.

Thanks, the bar is certainly overkill as it weighs about 3 pounds less than all the lithiums. Yeah given their price it will be interesting to see how they perform. I jihad a Juicebox lithium before but I bought it brand new and knew what to expect. 

Well it isn't finished yet but you guys get the idea. Needs a coat of paint (it's snowing so the paint won't happen anytime soon)  and the wire to solder everything together. It will be for 4 monos and 4 4 channels. I probably won't have that many amps but the project box was so big I felt obligated to use a lot of the RCA's. Project cost $60 (including the wire), for another $10 I could make an identical one. 

20170313_114426_zpsv2mfjwdg.jpg

20170313_124744_zpsoho1tjnk.jpg

20170313_124757_zpsx5rzacec.jpg

20170313_124806_zpsswlmp17e.jpg

Archived