How to avoid on/off thud

13 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

So since im already planning on a relay, and you say HU usually have the timing right. I should grab the turn on signal from the HU and not from the ACC wire directly? Im using the relay for 4 amps.

i know all about tiresome lol its almost irratating reading about all the possible issues and crap to think about while putting together an install. And yah i did have that long ass thread, i think it was even shut down by ops lol. And the tape adapter is great for what it is. I still have my stock radio in the car, no aux port so im using that. Is the capacitor something in addition to a relay, or is that for when you dont use a relay? Something i read had mentioned adding a diode to a relay, to help disapate the energy or something, you know what those are?

Use the turn on wire to turn on the relay.

Don't worry about the capacitor--forget I mentioned it. IF you have an issue then you can experiment, but that's a slim chance.

Diodes are simply a one-way street for electricity. Electrons will flow from + to - in one direction, but not the other. Think check valve for hydraulics/water.

Static drops are my bag.

7 hours ago, jk13 said:

Use the turn on wire to turn on the relay.

Don't worry about the capacitor--forget I mentioned it. IF you have an issue then you can experiment, but that's a slim chance.

Diodes are simply a one-way street for electricity. Electrons will flow from + to - in one direction, but not the other. Think check valve for hydraulics/water.

Yah i was looking into the bosch style relays with internal diodes, but heard some mentions of it helps with stoping turn-on spikes, but might start turn-off spikes. So i just bought a regular relay and a barrier strip and a lil 20a circuit breaker for the relay so i can protech my system when it gets serviced at the dealership. To the people that followed my crimp vs solder thread lmao im gonna solder the small wires. Bought some wbt 4% silver solder.

@06RTCharger Put that sh*t in dude!!!!!!!!

I see big ass wire....nice alt...I saw some good looking components......you're overthinking this stuff waaaaaay too much.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

8 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

so, you have a vehicle, and a alt..... man, your like 3 minutes from hearing it. lol..... just giving you shit. Get to work man. Start a BL when it gets really going. Ill follow. 

Lol i wish. Its getting close to build time tho. When i have everything imma take a couple weeks vacation from work and get crankin on it. I'll definately make a build log. 

This is the relay I bought for my system. It runs off the 12v turn on from the HU and turns on both amplifiers and led lights for my sub box. It has the built in diode.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_116351_HELLA-4RD933332181.html

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived