Knu 4/0 test fit lugs

If anyone else gets some knukonceptz 4/0, maybe this will help them find more options on lugs.

My semi-local ILSCO dealer (on another island) hooked it up for me, i wanted to test fit a lug in each size to see which fits the tightest while still being able to get all strands in. She sent me all these lugs for free with no payment or credit card info or anything, i was only expecting one lug of each size that i wanted to try. 

This yellow lug is 250kcmil with an 0.6850 inner diameter. I dont like the short and flared barrel or the sight hole but i want this lugs rounded tang for all my lugs except the Ground lugs that will be mounted to metal chassis. For the grounds mounted to the chassis ill be using long tang double hole lugs to get more surface area contact and the duel mounting holes with nut&bolt will help ensure the lug doesnt twist around.

This white lug is 300kcmil but its 0.6600 inner diameter shows its actually smaller than the 250kcmil yellow ones. I want this style barrel. Its longer, sealed, and the barrels opening is chamfered not flared. The chamfered ends look way cleaner to me. I believe this is also heavier duty than the yellow ones. I think im going to use this size even tho the fit is really close to being too tight. 

These red lugs are 350kcmil with an inner diameter of 0.7030. Everything the same as the white lugs but slightly bigger. These slip right on easily but still pretty snug, enough so that the wire cant be moved side-to-side in the lug but i can spin it pretty easily without feeling much resistance at all, maybe a lil too loose. With the white ones i felt more resistance when spinning tighter fit. I liked how the barrels outer diameter on these lined up exactly with the outter diameter of the 4/0, looks smooth. 

I'll post the cost when i confirm the order.

Good info thanks for sharing. I would go with the tightest fit. I have seen the double hole lugs before but have never used them yet. They do look like they would make an excellent ground because they would double the contact area of the connection.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

16 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Good info thanks for sharing. I would go with the tightest fit. I have seen the double hole lugs before but have never used them yet. They do look like they would make an excellent ground because they would double the contact area of the connection.

Yah im getting the white ones. But going to try to have them modify the tangs, so that theyre rounded. Those double hole lugs, ive never seen used for car grounding. I came across it when i was looking for heavy duty lugs and figured those would work great. Just have to really tighten it down evenly and keep the whole tang flush against the chassis. 

All those lugs are oversized for 4/0 stranded wire.  If you are going to choose one, go with 250kcmil since thats only one size larger.  If you use a hydraulic crimper, you may be able to get away with using 300kcmil.

I used these for my Knu 4/0: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O7SC9HS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, Ilsco, Burndy, and Blackburn are all very expensive.  I spec them out at work and unless you have a corporate discount, they're hard to afford for car audio.  They hooked you up real good man!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

In the future, WindyNation may be worth looking at. Those are my preferred lugs, as theyre tinned copper, cheap, and ship super fast. 

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

7 hours ago, mcanderson0 said:

All those lugs are oversized for 4/0 stranded wire.  If you are going to choose one, go with 250kcmil since thats only one size larger.  If you use a hydraulic crimper, you may be able to get away with using 300kcmil.

I used these for my Knu 4/0: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O7SC9HS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, Ilsco, Burndy, and Blackburn are all very expensive.  I spec them out at work and unless you have a corporate discount, they're hard to afford for car audio.  They hooked you up real good man!

Yah thats what the technician tried to tell me. But i tried them onto the lugs myself. Its over sized for TRUE 4/0. But knukonceptz and most other car audio wire companies make their wire oversized so thats why the 250 fits so well. I can squeeze the knu 4/0 into the 250 and hang it upside down and it doesnt move at all, its a real snug fit. Im goin with the 250. Just waiting on a quote. 

Archived