Second Skin Audio

Motor shift?

Mitchaford

Your also gonna need to know the spec for what is allowable, nothing is ever perfect maybe if u have another sub to compare with.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Alright so, I order this thing and measure around the pole and then I find out it is shifted. Then what... I've looked a couple videos on youtube and they don't look that easy to do... 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

You are most likely over powering your sub, unloading your sub, or playing your sub below tuning and its no longer moving in a linear fashion.

I say this because the rubbing is at the  bottom of the coil, to the end like the coil is jumping the gap..

The pole piece WILL NOT shift, because it is bolted and glued in place. If you removed the sticker off the back plate you will see an allen head bolt there which holds the pole piece.

Even if the slugs would shift it wouldnt cause an issue because the slub inside diameter opening is around 4 inches. This opening is MUCH LARGER than the voice coil gap on the top plate, so the slug(s) would have to be so far out of alignment to even make contact with the coil.

53 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

You are most likely over powering your sub, unloading your sub, or playing your sub below tuning and its no longer moving in a linear fashion.

I say this because the rubbing is at the  bottom of the coil, to the end like the coil is jumping the gap..

The pole piece WILL NOT shift, because it is bolted and glued in place. If you removed the sticker off the back plate you will see an allen head bolt there which holds the pole piece.

Even if the slugs would shift it wouldnt cause an issue because the slub inside diameter opening is around 4 inches. This opening is MUCH LARGER than the voice coil gap on the top plate, so the slug(s) would have to be so far out of alignment to even make contact with the coil.

I'll go with this since I was beating the shit out of it. 

Probably should of said that in the thread...

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

On 4/11/2017 at 6:57 PM, Mitchaford said:

I'll go with this since I was beating the shit out of it. 

Probably should of said that in the thread...

I think you kinda did mention it by saying you were on your 8th recone.

He said he's done 8 recones. Not 8 on this woofer. I've done far more recones for others than j have myself so it's possible he's done he same thing

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

8 minutes ago, n8ball2013 said:

He said he's done 8 recones. Not 8 on this woofer. I've done far more recones for others than j have myself so it's possible he's done he same thing

Maybe I should have put an LOL or a smiley face to indicate I was just joking.

Archived