Hey guys, I am new to this forum and would appreciate all the feedback I can get! Decided to go with sundown because of all the positive reviews and great community!

Anyways I want to build something that will give me the bump I am looking for in my daily driver. I had 2 15 kicker l7s previously with rated rms. This will be for a 2012 chevy Tahoe with alot of room to work with. After tons of research I have decided I really like the X series.

I am thinking about ordering 2 x15's with an either sundown4000.1 or the skar 4500.1 (little cheaper) (student loan life) and building a custom ported box to spec. Now with it tuned correctly and installed correctly, do you guys recommend upgrading electrical for this set up? All feedback is greatly appreciated, and suggestions are welcomed.

if you don't have a box I had this one designed and its pretty beefy and tuned at 32hz I went with the x-15s. fills up quite a bit of my escalade. 58c024f097c48_speakersin.thumb.JPG.3aec75c42f99455bda2365d5ba3d0430.JPG

Electrical upgrades are recommended.  At least upgrade your big 3/4, but a new alt and more batteries never hurts if you plan on supplying steady voltage and current to a big ass amp that is pushing those monsters..

21 minutes ago, LAUDYDAUDY said:

If you're in the South Florida area we could work something out! I was quoted 650 for a custom box..1f644.png

im in tampa florida well riverview actually. how far are you?

4 hours ago, LAUDYDAUDY said:

Solid 4 hour drive. I am in Fort Lauderdale. How much did you want for the enclosure

Oh mine isn't for sale but I would have helped you build one just like it since I have the blue prints and it was for the x15s so its perfect for your suv.

but mine is birch which is a bit more than MDF but its a lot lighter! birch is like $50 a sheet and this 8.5 cubes takes 3 sheets with no mess ups.

plus screws, glue, caulk, carpet and terminal posts. 

I do have a table saw and router and everything else and I did  build this one myself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mpulford311
      just got done with my chevy trailblazer build.  here are the specs
      Mechman 250 Amp Alternator 
      XS D3400 under hood
      XS XP3000 in rear
      big 3 upgrade
      0 gauge GP Car Audio wire throughout 
      heatshrink and lugs crimped by me
      2- Skar EVL 15's wired to 1 ohm
      1- Skar SKV2 3500 watt monoblock
      4- Skar PAX65 6.5's in all 4 doors 
      1- Skar RP 150.4 4 channel amp to the doors

Amps are bolted down with socket head allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      fuseblocks are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      Subs are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      nothing moves 
      all lugs are hydraulic crimped by me 
      all heatshrink done by me  

my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer only 56000 miles on it.

Sony MEX XB100BT radio. It puts out decent power

ripped out the wimpy stock speaker and put in the skar PAX65

installed back in stock location modified the speaker ring BINGO 

mechman 250 Amp alternator.  Out with the old in with the new.

Installed.  Took more time to put belt back on.  1/2 shorter 

under the hood battery

big 3 done.  0 gauge GP Car Audio wire 

couple of fuseblocks ran 

starting of box build 3/4 birch 

got the Skar EVL 15's fitted in there 

monster box in back  LOL

started some wiring.  box has angle brackets which is bolted to wood 
      and wood is bolted to frame the rca's are covering the bolt other bolt 
      is under battery.

got speaker wire and rca's all tesa taped and zip tied down  even put a
      fire extinguisher in.  

used 8 gauge subwoofer wire to subs and 14 gauge to door speakers
      all 0 gauge to amps.  Even used that Bluetooth voltmeter that ExoContralto
      recommended.  works pretty well. 

• By sideshow_kustom
      It's been a LONG time since I have updated this build on here! Hope my video shows up! 😂 I compete in N.S.P.L. so I only test for that class and don't give out my build specs cause I still compete. My scores are Outlaw with mic in the kick with the subs firing from cargo area. That is how the class I compete in is setup. However for those that like to know I'm about 1db down for a legal sealed score mic on windshield. This video was from start to finish for me reaching my 150db goal I set for my self.  

• By Weatherbass08
      2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
      Rockford Fosgate T1000.1BDCP amp
      American Bass XR 12" subwoofer
      102lb Pumpkin with 6"x22" Bigass Port tuned to 48hz
      Pioneer Head unit
      Kinetik HC800 battery in the trunk
      Another fun year putting this together.  I did get the inspiration to do this from Steve SMD Meade, and have been doing it the last 5 years around Halloween.
      I waited until the 28th of October to build it for a MECA audio competition. It definitely turned some heads and people loved it. It surprised a few with how loud it got during some demos. MECA measured at the head rest and it did a 137. Not too bad. Also, earned an award for loudest single 12" setup and loudest in my class. I wasnt there for the second day of the comp, so not sure if there was anyone else in my class. A W is a W i suppose. We clamped my power and apparently this pumpkin caused severe box pumpkin rise and it took my amp from 1ohm to 6ohms! Severe loss of potential power out of my Rockford Fosgate T1000.1BDCP amp.
      I took it to Audio Anarchy and put the meter in the kick and did a 139. Big E wanted to see what it would do in the port/inside the pumpkin. 162!!!! I played it hard until I could hear a couple of the bolts come loose and duck tape start to flap.  

• By Jonathan Mills
      Hello all I tried to find this question already asked which I am sure it has been but don't spend a lot of time on the forum and for some reason find it really complicated to search for stuff.
      My equipment Dc Audio level 6 18 m4, Sundown Audio Scv7500.
      Question #1 What is a good setting for my low pass crossover?
      Question #2 My old amp is a Scv3000 it suffered water damage several mosfets were destroyed in the event. Would sundown be the best place to send it for repair?
      I stepped up quite a notch from the 3000 to the 7500 but its bad ass! Love the woofer I have had them all seems like and before reconing this one it was the M2 series which lasted longer than anything I have ever had. I reconned it maybe 2 months ago I probably would have never blown it but my 3000 watt amp was clipping like fu. I purchased a cheap pos oscilliscope for $60 off amazon after the recone and found out my amp was clipping by the time I turned it up to 10 on my deck. This is the reason I purchased the 7500 so my now M4 woofer could enjoy clean power.

Thanks for your time I appreciate anybody answering this question one more time.
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 364 Guests (See full list)