Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and would appreciate all the feedback I can get! Decided to go with sundown because of all the positive reviews and great community!

Anyways I want to build something that will give me the bump I am looking for in my daily driver. I had 2 15 kicker l7s previously with rated rms. This will be for a 2012 chevy Tahoe with alot of room to work with. After tons of research I have decided I really like the X series.

I am thinking about ordering 2 x15's with an either sundown4000.1 or the skar 4500.1 (little cheaper) (student loan life) and building a custom ported box to spec. Now with it tuned correctly and installed correctly, do you guys recommend upgrading electrical for this set up? All feedback is greatly appreciated, and suggestions are welcomed.

Electrical upgrades are recommended.  At least upgrade your big 3/4, but a new alt and more batteries never hurts if you plan on supplying steady voltage and current to a big ass amp that is pushing those monsters..

21 minutes ago, LAUDYDAUDY said:

If you're in the South Florida area we could work something out! I was quoted 650 for a custom box..1f644.png

im in tampa florida well riverview actually. how far are you?

4 hours ago, LAUDYDAUDY said:

Solid 4 hour drive. I am in Fort Lauderdale. How much did you want for the enclosure

Oh mine isn't for sale but I would have helped you build one just like it since I have the blue prints and it was for the x15s so its perfect for your suv.

but mine is birch which is a bit more than MDF but its a lot lighter! birch is like $50 a sheet and this 8.5 cubes takes 3 sheets with no mess ups.

plus screws, glue, caulk, carpet and terminal posts. 

I do have a table saw and router and everything else and I did  build this one myself.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonik1
      Hi!
      I'm rebuilding my Punto for next year events. I bought it 5 years ago so let's start from there:
      First system including Ultimate T2 12" subwoofer, Twister TW1000 "1000W" amplifier and Hertz low end 6,5" coaxials and JVC head unit.

Then there was Pioneer DEH-P5100UB head unit, better Hertz 6,5" coaxials with Focus Acoustics Formula FX-4150 amplifier, SPL Dynamics XTR-380D2S 15" subwoofer, Focus Acoustics Formula FX-1500D 1500W amplifier and Optima 55Ah battery.

In the next step I upgraded speakers to 6,5" Hertz Energy ESK163L.4 3-way component system, made bigger and better subwoofer box, added 20Ah BSB battery and some tuning parts.

Next I changed Kenwood KDC-BT92SD head unit, added another set of 6,5" Hertz Energy ESK163L.4 3-way component system speakers to rear, changed FX-4150 amplifier to SPL Dynamics ICE-150.4 and 15" XTR subwoofer to Focus Acoustics Black MK5 15D2 15".

Then I upgraded the whole system and started to work with the interior. New system:
      Optima YELLOW TOP 55Ah and 38Ah batteries
      Focus Acoustics FX-2500D 2500W amplifier
      Focus Acoustics Black MK5 15D2 15" subwoofers x2
      SPL Dynamics ICE-150.4 amplifiers x2
      Hertz ESK163L.4 component speaker systems x2
      SPL Dynamics SPL-HD25T Horn Loaded Compressor Tweeters x2
      Match PP72W-D subwoofers as midbasses at front x4

To be continued in new post
    • By Deeeznutzhertz
      Enclosure is 12 1/2” front to back, 29 1/2” top to bottom, 43 1/2” from side to side and 9 1/2” deep, 1 1/2” thick, the inside of the enclosure  is 9 1/2”, the port i need to tune at 35hz is 35.29”L 11”W 11”H how can i make this port work with the size of the enclosure. 
      The port needs to be 120sq inches but the length is the problem 
    • By dylan33
      My system plays great when the cutting out doesn't happen. I have A Kenwood Excelon X501 Headunit (5v SW pre-out) 2 P3 D4 12s with a Rockford Fosgate Prime R-1200D ran at one ohm. However, this problem occured at both one and 4 ohm. My problem only happens once in a blue moon its very quick and it never happens on hard bass.
      It usually happens right after a long hard hitting note, then it will cut out on that weird frequency only then go right back to banging, No matter what song or source I use if the song plays that frequency it will cut out. IT happens with Choices (Yup) by E-40 that is one of the many songs with the weird note in it. Problem doesn't occur at lower volume only at 22-28 which is what I usually listen to it at since that gives out the most clean bass. 
      Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. I am an installer at a local shop and have been for a year now this has only been a problem wince I switched to the rockford system. I tied another rockford amp did the same thing with the parameters set the same. People at my shop are leading towards voltage regulator but the amp is the only thing having the issue. I checked all my wiring multiple times seems as good as it can get. I did make my own box and it was only the second one I made, and the first one all by myself. My last thought for what it could be Is I built my box poorly and its causing me to need to overpower the subs in order for them to sound like they should in a PROPER box. But if that is the case and I am causing it to clip why would it only cut out on that one frequency? When it cuts out it jumps down to 12 volts for a split second with hard bass. When it cuts out it jumps up to 15 volts for a split second then goes back to normal. I multi-metered at the amp both the power lead and remote lead both spike at 15 volts when cutting out. When it cuts out all that happens is the Blue Power Led turns RED. I have pictures of my build in my garage. 
    • By Kraken
      So I have a zv3 12 now. Im upgrading parts to a 15" zv4 frame, zv4 spl soft parts/zv4 coil, and night shade spider. Im only keeping the zv3 motor. I am looking for a zv3, any size, 10 through 18. I just need the motor, also if its blown or working, i still want it. Id rather get a blown one for the price difference though. If you have a blown zv3 or know anyone with even just a zv3 motor, let me know. Thanks guys
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 600 Guests (See full list)