JoshDR Posted April 17, 2017 Report Posted April 17, 2017 I am planning on building a sub box for a RX8, but since the trunk is small, my options are limited. I might use either a single Rockford Fosgate P3 - 10" or 12". But I've heard about 'port noise' and was wondering if my design would make the noise I am using 5/8 MDF The dimensions are in the pic:
DLHgn Posted April 18, 2017 Report Posted April 18, 2017 Here's a good tip though it's not answering your question. I wouldn't use the RE Box Calculator. It's known to be inaccurate. Look up Torres. You can also use Winisd to plug in your box/driver parameters to generate some graphs that will give you a good idea on how the box will perform.
JoshDR Posted April 19, 2017 Author Report Posted April 19, 2017 7 hours ago, ckeeler11 said: How much power will you be running? Most likely 750 RMS
JoshDR Posted April 19, 2017 Author Report Posted April 19, 2017 4 hours ago, DLHgn said: Here's a good tip though it's not answering your question. I wouldn't use the RE Box Calculator. It's known to be inaccurate. Look up Torres. You can also use Winisd to plug in your box/driver parameters to generate some graphs that will give you a good idea on how the box will perform. Will try it But, do you have an idea about the 'port noise' ? I read some forums about it and became skeptical
Joe X Posted April 19, 2017 Report Posted April 19, 2017 On 4/17/2017 at 1:00 PM, JoshDR said: I am planning on building a sub box for a RX8, but since the trunk is small, my options are limited. I might use either a single Rockford Fosgate P3 - 10" or 12". But I've heard about 'port noise' and was wondering if my design would make the noise I am using 5/8 MDF The dimensions are in the pic: With about 29 square inches of port area you don't need to worry about port noise with the p312, however the calculator is inaccurate as stated, the real specs of the box you have posted are 1.5 cubic feet net @36.5Hz, pretty off.
JoshDR Posted April 19, 2017 Author Report Posted April 19, 2017 19 hours ago, Joe X said: With about 29 square inches of port area you don't need to worry about port noise with the p312, however the calculator is inaccurate as stated, the real specs of the box you have posted are 1.5 cubic feet net @36.5Hz, pretty off. Thanks alot, much appreciated Do you think, I could extend the port length even more for lower tuning frequency ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.