Second Skin Audio

Custome box vs diy

Skynet

I'm looking at building a box or getting one made but finding it hard to decid on which to go with. Box will be for two sa 15s. Tuned 32-35....

I won't something the will last a few years plus be able to handle different 15 inch subwoofers with out changing the box. What would yall recommend in this matter. 

Hardware fiber glass metal 45s bedliner 3/4 treaded rods etc

Wood plywood brich or Mdf 

Build your own box and save, you can get specs for it on here, now, subs are all different so you can build/have built a box that is compatible with a range of subs but not with all of them that's not possible, at least for great results.

If you build your own, then you get your own custom build. That's as custom as  it gets. If you buy one you get someone else's custom build. My boss once said " the end user is the ultimate expert" lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Lol that makes sense.. What about using plywood doubled  up... My range of subwoofers are fi sp4 z5 or hdc4 I prefer something good with all music. But I will start off with sa 15 or something cheaper till I save up 

I'm going the having someone build me a custom enclosure route.

I lack the time required to build my own these days, also I'm smart enough to know when im in over my head and for what i want built i lack the skills to build it.

Gotta know when to pick your battles.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Good with all music depends all on the design of the box. Most modern music likes 30 to 34 hz. Older music maybe 45hz. So it's a compromise.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I enjoy building my own boxes but remember it takes time don't rush anything, if u have any doubts or questioning time have one built as far as building one for many different subs it will be tuff . All subs like there own specs but u can get lucky.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived