Optimal voltmeter setup?

If u have multiple amps, you should have a VM for each amp right? Or is it the same thing if u just have the VM monitoring the battery? Like say if the battery is reading 14v on its output, before the distribution block and u have 3 amps. Does that mean each amp will get full 14v, or does it sort of split up and the volts drop a lil at the amps power input? I wanna pick up some of the VM-1s not sure if i need just one, or if i should have one for each amp. Gotta get'em before they go outta stock lol. 

I would put one on the front battery to measure alt output and one on the rear battery.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I would just run them off the rear bank.

Unless you have a wiring problem voltage at the amp shouldnt differ very much from voltage at the rear bank.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

40 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I would just run them off the rear bank.

Unless you have a wiring problem voltage at the amp shouldnt differ very much from voltage at the rear bank.

I couldnt stand having 6 meters on the dash, one for each board.... would drive me nuts. And yes sir, .. each amp should see the same, unless you have a connection issue. That would be seen very fast at install. And if your just worried "something may come loose, or happen" and want to monitor them all, is a bit silly to me, but hey, ... to each their own. 

20 bats, and we have 1 meter watching the high (18v) side just on one of the 4 buss bars, lol.... done. Fuck even then bro, with the meter, the FLUKE is hooked up the ENTIRE time we are running the audio. Lanes or demos,....... min/max for the mother fucking win. 

Alright cool, so since i only have a rear battery its even easier. My car doesnt have any front battery, stock battery is located in the trunks spare tire well. Ky i also wouldnt want the meter on my dash or anywhere constantly flickering in my peripheral lol that'd be irrataing af. So my plan is to mount them in my sun visors. When i want to check the meters just flip down the visor, all other times i just keep the visor up and the lights outta my face.

im using an om-1 one one of my amps and a vm-1 on the other amp. you could do it a million ways. i like watching voltage at the last stop with the highest demand. just me.

Archived