Jump to content
akuma4u

Does anyone own a crescendo bc series ampifier?

Recommended Posts

hey im looking for anyone with a crescendo bc series mono amp

if you got one,. please tell me, for the sub sonic filter,. was 30hz right around 12 oclock?

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use test tones and a DMM to check.  

1) Turn SSF off, measure voltage output of a 30Hz test tone.

2) Multiply that voltage by 0.707.  Thats your target value.

3) Adjust SSF until hitting your target value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Use test tones and a DMM to check.  

1) Turn SSF off, measure voltage output of a 30Hz test tone.

2) Multiply that voltage by 0.707.  Thats your target value.

3) Adjust SSF until hitting your target value.

so i do this after setting my gains? or before?

also , at what volume level on the h/u do i do this at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The filter has no effect on your gain setting, and it doesn't matter what volume. A low to moderate volume level will suffice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you want your subsonic filter set at 30hz?

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Why do you want your subsonic filter set at 30hz?

he must not be about the lows. tiss a shame.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Why do you want your subsonic filter set at 30hz?

My current box is tuned around 40hz. Thats why. 

Looking to build another box which is tuned lower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30hz ssf setting may be a bit low for a 40hz tuning. Use your senses when you turn the volume up. Set the ssf higher if you feel like the subs are gonna launch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WalledSonic said:

30hz ssf setting may be a bit low for a 40hz tuning. Use your senses when you turn the volume up. Set the ssf higher if you feel like the subs are gonna launch

I was using the formula that i found in a ssf filter setting thread. Tuning ÷ 2 then that number ÷ 2 then - answer from tuning. 40 - 20 = 20 ÷2 = 10. 40 - 10 = 30hz

Now then i have played around with the ssf and had it in different spots and it sounds cleaner when its half way and above which i suspect is 30hz and on. But when its half way or below i get more lower bass vibration and extension but it doesnt sound as clean. Sounds a bit muffled or dirty. Ive only had sub bottom out on one part of a track and it damn near gave mr a heart attack. Happened while listening at high volume driving on highway. Sounded like box was about to explode. Only happened on that one note part of one track. Guess it hit down around 25 hz or so.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akuma4u said:

I was using the formula that i found in a ssf filter setting thread. Tuning ÷ 2 then that number ÷ 2 then - answer from tuning. 40 - 20 = 20 ÷2 = 10. 40 - 10 = 30hz

Now then i have played around with the ssf and had it in different spots and it sounds cleaner when its half way and above which i suspect is 30hz and on. But when its half way or below i get more lower bass vibration and extension but it doesnt sound as clean. Sounds a bit muffled or dirty. Ive only had sub bottom out on one part of a track and it damn near gave mr a heart attack. Happened while listening at high volume driving on highway. Sounded like box was about to explode. Only happened on that one note part of one track. Guess it hit down around 25 hz or so.. 

 

Half octave below tuning is a good place to start for a SSF.  Im not hating on that.  But here's an example of why I recommend being careful when you crank it up the first time:

My ported box is measured and proven at 26Hz tuning.  Half octave would be 19.5Hz.  Around 20.5Hz, I have a sharp impedance peak and the subs tend to bottom out around 19Hz.  I was forced to set my SSF at 21Hz to avoid bottoming out.  When I upgrade from 6000W to 9000W, I may have to move it up to 22-23Hz, depending on how much the subs flex.  

Anyway, good luck man.  Use that DMM so at least you know where its set at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now