ok to link to videos youtube.

hi longtime lurker returning with a new build.

just wondering if i do a build log here is it alright to linkto my youtube channel with unboxings of my speakers/amps when they come as well as random tutorials throughout the build process?

There is a rule about not representing personal business ventures, I believe.  Its written on a rule list somewhere.  Check the video subforum or contact a mod, perhaps @audiofanaticz can clarify.

Looking forward to seeing a new build log either way man.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posting pics and videos of a build log is fine, even if a shop is doing it.

But if your going to come and post pictures and videos of the build with watermarks in them saying come check out our shop, we sell such and such, then there will be a problem.
Other companies pay to advertise with us and place their ads on this site, so why should we allow someone else to do it for free?
I run my own small business building enclosures and Im an admin on this site yet I very rarely advertise my stuff here or post builds unless its a enclosure that Im building for a site giveaway or its my personal vehicles.

As for starting a legitimate youtube channel thats easy to do, and it seems anyone can become a youtube partner without even having a video on their youtube channel it seems now days.
As for stepping on Steves toes you have nothing to worry about as long as your not trying to do what I mentioned above. :D

Archived