Which JY lithium would i need?

The sb500 would be half the size as the sb1000, and would be too small imo, tho either would work with the d4900 just fine.

If your battery is in the trunk, then I would do at least 2 runs of power/ground wire from your alternator to your battery in the trunk, as well as a chassis ground up front, and a chassis ground in the rear.

People think that just because the batteries are in the rear they dont have to do that long run of wire, while in fact they still do because the oem wire is 4awg iirc.
So essentially to do the big 3 wiring upgrade on trunk mounted battery cars you need to run wire all the way back, however its like killing 2 birds with 1 stone since the big 3 and the running of wire front to back is now one in the same.

Also if your wiring is the brand of the sky (4/0 which is loosely packed 2/0 to make it look a larger diameter such as 4/0) I would take 2 quality runs of a silver tinned 1/0 wire over a wannabe 4/0 wire.
I will never use said wire again with personal bad experiences with it in multiple vehicles, so I cant recommend it or any non tinned brand wire to anyone.

Sorry but it seems to me like you just want to throw money at this. 

Learn by looking what other people have done. If you really want to test caps try getting a cheap bank of 6 from someone used ($250 ish) and try them out instead of dumping 1000s and finding out you have too much or not enough

Its hard to say whether or not a certain battery bank/ cap bank will work in your situation. Its all speculation due to impedence, install and a million other factors.

Sometimes people just can't give you an answer of something will work or not.

1349713160_rte.png

If you replace the factory battery cable to the rear battery then it needs to be fused at the battery. And at the alt too.

Can of worms now opened.....

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

On 8/26/2017 at 2:34 PM, audiofanaticz said:

The sb500 would be half the size as the sb1000, and would be too small imo, tho either would work with the d4900 just fine.

If your battery is in the trunk, then I would do at least 2 runs of power/ground wire from your alternator to your battery in the trunk, as well as a chassis ground up front, and a chassis ground in the rear.

People think that just because the batteries are in the rear they dont have to do that long run of wire, while in fact they still do because the oem wire is 4awg iirc.
So essentially to do the big 3 wiring upgrade on trunk mounted battery cars you need to run wire all the way back, however its like killing 2 birds with 1 stone since the big 3 and the running of wire front to back is now one in the same.

Also if your wiring is the brand of the sky (4/0 which is loosely packed 2/0 to make it look a larger diameter such as 4/0) I would take 2 quality runs of a silver tinned 1/0 wire over a wannabe 4/0 wire.
I will never use said wire again with personal bad experiences with it in multiple vehicles, so I cant recommend it or any non tinned brand wire to anyone.

The sb500 paired with the d4900 would still be a lil too close for comfort in ur opinion? Or did u mean the sb500 paired with my stock regular battery.

Im using Knukonceptz 4/0, i have about 30ft of power, and 35ft of ground. Since my alts only a 240, would u think i still need 2runs of power and ground to the trunk? And yes ill be grounding up front with that 4/0 and probably two battery to chassis grounds in the rear. Using my fluke to find quality grounding points. 

13 hours ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

Sorry but it seems to me like you just want to throw money at this. 

Learn by looking what other people have done. If you really want to test caps try getting a cheap bank of 6 from someone used ($250 ish) and try them out instead of dumping 1000s and finding out you have too much or not enough

Its hard to say whether or not a certain battery bank/ cap bank will work in your situation. Its all speculation due to impedence, install and a million other factors.

Sometimes people just can't give you an answer of something will work or not.

Yah i hear what ur saying man. Each situation is very specific to its own situation and cant really compare one to another. Just trying to cover all bases ahead of time. Ive spent alot and dont want to over look something or underestimate anything that causes damage. Like not having enough electrical or something. Im a pretty cautious person, i dont like wingng things that often, especially with my money. It aint like im rich lol i buy one piece of equipment then im broke for a few weeks lmao but i manage. Im all in tho, no going back. Measure 6times cut once man, hope for the best lol.

13 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

If you replace the factory battery cable to the rear battery then it needs to be fused at the battery. And at the alt too.

Can of worms now opened.....

Lol yah i will be. Im not knowledged enough to be running no fuses. Ive heard some guys have systems here with NO fuses on any power runs. I could never do that and rest easy. Ill be fusing everything. Had to get a huge marine style anl fuse holder. One for under the hood, and one for right before the battery. 

You really wanna open a can of worms???? Lets talk about crimping vs soldering? :) lmao 

jk lets not go there, end up locked up again lol

Oh no! You just had to go there. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

The SB500 with any battery in general would be too small, unless you added 2 agms in the rear instead of just the 1 D4900 to replace your oem stock battery.

The SB500 series is just 1 bank of 6 capacitors (XS has a lot of different case options for these, but all are only 6 caps).

The SB500 is $450 and only 500 farad for 4000 watts MAX so your roughly looking at 2000 watts rms.

That maybe fine for just one amp, but you said your going to be getting a second one which is why I recommended the SB1000.

The SB1000 is $830 and 1000 farad for 8000 watts MAX so your roughly looking at 4000 watts rms.
The SB1000 is made up of 2 banks of capacitors (12 total caps), and should give you a decent bit of overhead combined with a D4900 and your Singer alternator when you have both bass amps installed plus your 4 channel and your 2 channel.
Essentially the SB1000 is two SB500s inside 1 larger case. Buying the 1 larger SB1000 for $830 will be $70 cheaper than buying 2 SB500 for $900.

So:

1 SB1000 $830 + a D4900 $350 = $1180 - 81LBS total.

2 SB500 $900 + a D4900 $350 = $1250 - 81LBS total.

1 SB500 $450 + 2 D4900 $700 = $1150  - 132LBS total ($30 cheaper than a SB1000 and a D4900, but at the cost of 51 additional pounds of weight).

1 JY 45.6ah $1125 + 1 D4900 $350 = $1475 - 78 LBS total ( $295 more expensive and 3LBS lighter weight than the SB1000 and D4900) This Lithium and AGM method would be a little stronger going by published numbers, but is it worth the additional cost and 3 pounds in weight savings? That is for you to decide.

So in my opinion either the 1st option or the 4th option are your best options to go with, that should give you a little extra overhead. The 2nd option doesn't make sense to pay more for the same specs and weight, and the 3rd option doesn't make sense to save $30 but weigh 51LBS more.

Youre awesome bro, really appreciate the extra details you provided. Makes things alot clearer. 

But if i went with lithium i wouldve gotten rid of the agm all together. Just run lithium as a starting battery and for the whole system. Is that sketchy to do? For sake of comparing further. Would running just the JY 79 be an equal,less, or greater power supply than the sb1000+d4900. I know the weight would be a decent difference, but 81lbs really isnt that bad, i thought it would be alot more. 

Archived