Which JY lithium would i need?

I just bought/ordered my bass amp, so i pretty much have everything. Except i plan on buying one more exact same amp to run one for each sub. I was wondering how to tell which battery would work best with my alternator and all my amps. I have a mechman 240. A mosconi as100.4 that has a 80A internal anl style fuse, and a mosconi as200.2 that has the same fuse. Im assuming that means the most they should draw is 80amps a peace? Then i just bought an LP 4.1HVS which only has a 60A fuse but its slow blow style fuse and can actually draw 200+ amps at its peak power.

So with my alternator and those amps (hopefully two of the 4.1s) which JY lithium would be sufficent? I wouldnt need the 79amp hour ones would i? Can someone help me figure this out? Also how do i know if my alternator will work well with the lithium? Any help is appreciated. 

Depends on your voltage drop man.  Hard to tell.  You arent going to draw much current though.  From your previous posts, I'll assume you are running your subs at 2ohm?  You may be ok with the 45Ah, but if it was me, I would go with the 79Ah for sake of eliminating voltage drop.

I also have a 240A singer.  Idle amps are about 130A for mine.  How about yours?  Mr. Singer usually includes idle, cold, and hot amps with the alternator.  Are you going to be demoing at shows?  Just a daily driver I assume?

I see you got that 4.1HVS you've been wanting.  Looking forward to seeing your build log.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I think that you are jumping on spending a lot of money on something you may not need. I'd start with the big 3 up front and running it on the stock battery for a little bit.

See what the voltage drop ends up being. I don't think that you will get max current draw out of your amps so assume that you will be pulling less than that most/if not all the time. 

also if you are really going with an SQ style build possibly look at caps to fill your voltage drop. If I remember right caps help with smoothing out voltage draw and can also pull some "noise" out of your alternator.

1349713160_rte.png

The biggest one you can afford... Thats what I would do. Got room for growth

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Lithium would be a waste of money for your install. 

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Unless he has the money to spend...  Resting voltage nearly half a volt higher than AGM and less voltage drop.  I would also argue that OP has wasted time and money on much of his equipment list, but his goals are different than mine, so kudos to him.

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Sure would be cool to be the first  B)

IG @walledsonic

Well the guy i bought it from kinda of worried me when he said i might need like 5 batteries for that beast or i could damage the amp with low voltage. He was thinking it pulled upto 300amps. He wasnt far off tho, the owner of LP told me it can draw over 200amps at its peak. I dont know that much about the whole algorithm with pairing batteries with a vehicles demand. Ive heard its not all about the amp hours. Then looking on JY i dont really understand what all the stats mean. So just looking for some clarity and direction.

11 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Depends on your voltage drop man.  Hard to tell.  You arent going to draw much current though.  From your previous posts, I'll assume you are running your subs at 2ohm?  You may be ok with the 45Ah, but if it was me, I would go with the 79Ah for sake of eliminating voltage drop.

I also have a 240A singer.  Idle amps are about 130A for mine.  How about yours?  Mr. Singer usually includes idle, cold, and hot amps with the alternator.  Are you going to be demoing at shows?  Just a daily driver I assume?

I see you got that 4.1HVS you've been wanting.  Looking forward to seeing your build log.

When or if i have two 4.1 amps i will be running them at 8ohm on its own amp. With one i will be running it wired to 4ohm together, series/parallel. They are D4 subs.

My alt has the tag on it that says at 800rpm(idle) its 145 amp, at 1800rpm 246A. And yah daily driver, i dont think there are any comps here on this island. I dont plan on doing any burping, just playing it as loudly as it can while being safe and not clipping or distorting. Cant wait to see the 4.1 lol

Archived